IGNORED

R-Type Leo; the R-Type game that started life as something totally different

awbacon

If you are at all familiar with the R-Type franchise and have never played Leo....try it! You will very quickly tell that something is "off" about the experience. That's not to say it isn't an awesome game (it is) but it definitely does not feel like an R-Type style game...because its not. It's a really interesting development story where Irem took the half finished game from Namco and converted it to an R-Type

• Like 1

As a fan of 1 and 2, this one I don't care for. I played the first two at our arcade in town; third one never saw bitd, so my first exposure was on Mame. Leo doesn't really feel like a Rtype game at all, I think maybe even fits the Gradius universe more.

I didn't know about it being transitioned from a different game. I saw a Facebook post a while back that one of the head developers of the first two entries had no involvement in the third... that's why I thought it didn't feel right with the Rtype motiff.

• 4 months later...