IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 10 - Horse Racing

Rickster8

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 10)

Horse Racing

Horse_Racing.jpg.f89c723def394f5e3aa0ca739c55c4e0.jpg

Horse Racing by Mattel 1980

You're at the Track for a "Day at the Races". After you check the Past Performances and odds, place your simulated wagers out of your starting "Stake" of $750. Bet your favorites to Win, or go for the big-payoff Exacta! Get your simulated bets down! Watch for the start --- and THEY'RE OFF!!!

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21516/intellivision/Horse-Racing-1980-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Horse Racing

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

+3 BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR SET RECORD (FIRST TIME PLAYED AT HSC)

Game Settings

PRESS DISC

Game Objective

You get a purse of $750. Play from the 1 slot. Place your bets on 10 races and win as much money as you can up to the maximum of $9,999. Post the final 'Green Screen' with your winnings

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive

Contest Ends
SUNDAY OCTOBER 3RD 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(BEST WINNINGS)

$9,999 - gezkc - [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

$9,999 - mark griff - [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

$9,999 - Rickster8 - [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

$9,999 - lupovax - [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

$4,335 - sprazzi [+8]

$0 - fakecoretex [+1]

Overall Rankings

After Happy Trails / Loco-Motion

1 Rickster8 171
2 Mark Griff 114
3 lupovax 100
4 Sprazzi 92
5 gezkc 91
6 mr_me 79
7 wolfy62 71
8 gar0u 49
9 IntyFanMatt 33
10 ed1475 31
11 fakecortex 27
12 CParsley 15
13 Ace24 12
14 RogerPoco 11
15 t0spmad 10
16 Gernot 9
17 jblenkle 7
18 JacobZu7zu7 5
18 roadrunner 5

Games Won

5 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

3 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

1 Sprazzi - White Water

1 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon

1 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD

Sneak Preview: 

Nova Blast

Edited by Rickster8
Updated page
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fakecortex said:

haha, i thought you'd be the jockey racing, but by the description, it looks like the game is better called "horse betting" haha, should be fun

Yeah while this is a 'racing' game, it's predicated on betting.... ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Just looked at the manual.  It might be more complicated than Space Spartans!

Lol, oh no... I had a brutal time with Space Spartans and I can tell you it's not near as hard as that game... You basically look at the betting odds board and choose your horses and then they race. You have to look at certain things like what track they are running and how many furlongs the race is etc. It's really not that hard..... 

• Like 1

Well one and done I guess.... ?

I won 2 Exacta races and won 2 Straight Up races... Bet on the orange horse baby!!!! ?

horse GIF

HORSE RACING $9,999

I get the feeling this contest is gonna be alot like bowling with 4 or 5 people hitting the max. ?

HORSERACING(9999)HSC15.jpg.b5fc10560d58ede4783c4ee344d89bdf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:38 PM, Rickster8 said:

Game Objective

You get a purse of $750. Play from the 1 slot. Place your bets on 10 races and win as much money as you can up to the maximum of $9,999. Post the final 'Green Screen' with your winnings

Will we get $ 750,00 by mail? ?

• Haha 4

Games Won Update:

5 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

3 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

1 Sprazzi - White Water

1 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon

1 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD

• Like 1

Overall Rankings

After Happy Trails / Loco-Motion

1 Rickster8 171
2 Mark Griff 114
3 lupovax 100
4 Sprazzi 92
5 gezkc 91
6 mr_me 79
7 wolfy62 71
8 gar0u 49
9 IntyFanMatt 33
10 ed1475 31
11 fakecortex 27
12 CParsley 15
13 Ace24 12
14 RogerPoco 11
15 t0spmad 10
16 Gernot 9
17 jblenkle 7
18 JacobZu7zu7 5
18 roadrunner 5

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Quick Horse Racing Update: (Up to post #17) - I know this wasn't the greatest choice, but wanted to give it a 'try'.... ONE AND DONE!!!! ?

$9,999 - gezkc

$9,999 - mark griff

$9,999 - Rickster8

$4,335 - sprazzi

It was a good idea, and a game I'd never tried before so thanks for adding it, Rick. 

That's what I like about the HSC - you can play the games you're familiar with/good at, but you also get a reason to play games you might never have tried out otherwise!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Quick Horse Racing Update: (Up to post #17) - I know this wasn't the greatest choice, but wanted to give it a 'try'.... ONE AND DONE!!!! ?

$9,999 - gezkc

$9,999 - mark griff

$9,999 - Rickster8

$4,335 - sprazzi

I had fun playing... There were games I never ever played not even for a minute and I enjoyed them.

By the way: how are the games chosen?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sprazzi said:

I had fun playing... There were games I never ever played not even for a minute and I enjoyed them.

By the way: how are the games chosen?

The theme this season is 'Space and Race' games so any game that has either Space and / or a racing element or anything with a timer is what has been 'deployed' for this season. The list is made before the season and we have about 4 or 5 games left. I am currently working on the theme for season 16. I actually have it just need to finalize the games and the order. Will convey the next season info soon.... ?

• Like 3

Fortunately the next game is a shooter, i have no idea how to play a horse racing game (betting is not a game for me, i would flip a coin in such a case).

And no it was no fun to try, i really don't know how to play it and how on what is to bet.

(i have no idea what ppl get out of it, i owned back in the '80s the poker cartridge which was a favorite of my buddy but me i never liked it neither i like cards playing, dice rolling or any betting game it's boring to me. Yes of course it's not a pure betting game but... Similar for the previous "Happy Trails" puzzle games aren't what i like. Sometimes i really ask myself what sort of game do i like - i bet it's tinkering ;) )

Edited by Gernot

I don't know what I'm doing. Tho I went along with the manual a bit, it's too much of an investment (no pun intended) for me right now lol. Some of the more complicated games I think really need a real controller and overlay, cause trying to figure it out on emu just doesn't hit the same. I was able to place bets and race, but one horse never finished, and I just kept hearing the hoofbeats. I tried to coax it along with what I thought were the properly mapped buttons for both controllers, but who knows. Here's a screenshot for an attempt to get 1 point for participating, but since it doesn't show a score, I'm fine with 0 for this round. On to submit my score for Nova Blast, which makes more sense, although I was falling asleep, lol. No real bash on that game, I think I'm just tired hahaha.

Horse Racing - Let's just say my bookie beat me up and took my wallet. And shoes. Yeah, let's go with that.

691227781_HorseRacing2021-10-0214_14_26.thumb.png.63365945e0e28b4647d9b3e34cd27718.png

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I don't know what I'm doing. Tho I went along with the manual a bit, it's too much of an investment (no pun intended) for me right now lol. Some of the more complicated games I think really need a real controller and overlay, cause trying to figure it out on emu just doesn't hit the same. I was able to place bets and race, but one horse never finished, and I just kept hearing the hoofbeats. I tried to coax it along with what I thought were the properly mapped buttons for both controllers, but who knows. Here's a screenshot for an attempt to get 1 point for participating, but since it doesn't show a score, I'm fine with 0 for this round. On to submit my score for Nova Blast, which makes more sense, although I was falling asleep, lol. No real bash on that game, I think I'm just tired hahaha.

Horse Racing - Let's just say my bookie beat me up and took my wallet. And shoes. Yeah, let's go with that.

691227781_HorseRacing2021-10-0214_14_26.thumb.png.63365945e0e28b4647d9b3e34cd27718.png

You get a participation point for the humor alone.... ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1