IGNORED

MEGA65 preorder to start next week (it seems)

sm3

If the native (?) Commodore 65 mode will generate more interest than the DTV mode has done in the past 6 years remains to be seen, but frankly all of PET/CBM, VIC-20, Plus/4 and C128 each receive more attention... I'd dare to say that even CBM-II has had more software released for it in the last half decade than the DTV.

The Mega65 is more accessible for homebrewing than DTV since the DTV has to be rebuilt to run your own software. It could make it a bit more attractive to new software development.

The Next keyboard is supposed to be outstanding. When mine shows up I’ll let you know. [emoji3]

Oh, interesting! I was assuming things because I heard the Mega65 keyboard is a good one and the Spectrum Next managed to keep the price so low. Well, my bad and good for you!

The Next keyboard is supposed to be outstanding. When mine shows up I’ll let you know. [emoji3]

It is quite good, but being an American I never used an original Speccy so I can’t compare. The Mega65 is tempting as well, but the price is a bit too rich for me. I can’t wait to see how you all like it tho. It looks amazing.

22 hours ago, eebuckeye said:

I don't think the Next is low priced for sure.. It ended up being around $500 when the Mega65 is $850 for the US at least.

No, not cheap but I would kill for a Atari 8-bit reproduction like this or the Ultimate64. The C65 is interesting, but I think I’ll pass on his one.