IGNORED

Xbox One X won't output 4k

Parker77

So when I first got the thing, plugged it all in, selected the 4k option, no issues. Over a period of a few months, the screen would start to black out just for the odd millisecond every now and again while playing games, was annoying but nothing deal-breaking.

A few weeks ago, it fired up, but got no picture. Read it might be something to do with resolution, so had to go through the reset process. Since then, it will not 'do' 4k. Initially, it simply told me my TV wasn't 4k compatible. I reset it again, it now tells me that my TV IS 4k compatible, but every time I select the option, the screen blacks out and stays that way until it automatically reverts to 1080.

So clarify, my PS5 outputs with no issues on all 4 HDMI channels. I've tried different leads, different HDMI channels, I've played with the HDMI-type settings in the TV, played with settings in the Xbox itself, I just don't get it!

2 minutes ago, Parker77 said:

So when I first got the thing, plugged it all in, selected the 4k option, no issues. Over a period of a few months, the screen would start to black out just for the odd millisecond every now and again while playing games, was annoying but nothing deal-breaking.

A few weeks ago, it fired up, but got no picture. Read it might be something to do with resolution, so had to go through the reset process. Since then, it will not 'do' 4k. Initially, it simply told me my TV wasn't 4k compatible. I reset it again, it now tells me that my TV IS 4k compatible, but every time I select the option, the screen blacks out and stays that way until it automatically reverts to 1080.

So clarify, my PS5 outputs with no issues on all 4 HDMI channels. I've tried different leads, different HDMI channels, I've played with the HDMI-type settings in the TV, played with settings in the Xbox itself, I just don't get it!

What TV is it?

19 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Dumb question- you do all this stuff here?

Looking around the Net, all the pages say about the same thing.  When you tried the different cables, were they 4k-capable?

45 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Dumb question- you do all this stuff here?

Looking around the Net, all the pages say about the same thing.  When you tried the different cables, were they 4k-capable?

I did indeed. I'm using the cable that came with the machine, plus I also picked up a new one just in case. It's just bizarre. As with that link, mine worked right out of the box, no issues. Never had a problem with the PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, Austin said:

I had a similar issue on my One X and it didn't correct itself until I got a high speed, HDMI 2.0 compliant cable. You need that if you want to do 4K60.

It worked straight out of the box though, that's what I don't understand. And I've had no issues whatsoever with the PS5.