IGNORED

Game of the Bear.

vhzc

Very cool, really like the end sequence. :thumbsup: 

I think there is a bit too much time though. Maybe starting with 1200 would do too.

BTW: Is that a bug?

gotb-RC1.thumb.png.cbeb28e7c12439447c2f2e3e68e65f26.png

Spoiler

I was able to move the bar to the very right and then this happened:image.thumb.png.aa067e1598b1bb63ba43f4ac7a81b029.png

He was moving up to the top an then died. :) 

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Very cool, really like the end sequence. :thumbsup: 

I think there is a bit too much time though. Maybe starting with 1200 would do too.

BTW: Is that a bug?

gotb-RC1.thumb.png.cbeb28e7c12439447c2f2e3e68e65f26.png

Reveal hidden contents

I was able to move the bar to the very right and then this happened:image.thumb.png.aa067e1598b1bb63ba43f4ac7a81b029.png

He was moving up too the top an then died. :) 

Thanks for report that bug. I will fixed it in the next build.

About the time. Since the remaining time is also your score I think the current time is fine, also I am playing with the idea of give some type of rank depending of the remaining time.

40 minutes ago, guppy said:

Suggestions:

1. Make introduction skippable by pressing button.  It's cute but I don't want to sit through it every time I play.

2. Have an casual mode that gives you infinite lives.

Hi.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. I could make the introduction skippable, yeah.

2. I think the game difficulty is not hard, so it doesn't need infinite lives. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, Bomberman94 said:

It is playable on PAL Atari but maybe you do a PAL60 version of this - game is so amazing?! Thanks ?

I made this game with few and easy changeable color definitions, so once I test and remove any possible bug I will release a pal60 version.

• Like 3

I recorded a video playing Game of the Bear RC1 (maybe you saw it) on the MiSTer FPGA A2600 core. It looks like there was a collision bug on the first level that I thought was a teleporter. I guess I haven't gotten far enough to see a teleporter. 

I'm enjoying the game. :)

Edited by NML32
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NML32 said:

I recorded a video playing Game of the Bear RC1 (maybe you saw it) on the MiSTer FPGA A2600 core. It looks like there was a collision bug on the first level that I thought was a teleporter. I guess I haven't gotten far enough to see a teleporter. 

I'm enjoying the game. :)

Yeah, there was a collision bug in RC1, I released RC1c to correct that issue.

Thanks for testing!

23 hours ago, vhzc said:

About the time. Since the remaining time is also your score I think the current time is fine, also I am playing with the idea of give some type of rank depending of the remaining time.

Maybe calculate a score based on remaining time and lives.

On 10/7/2021 at 11:15 PM, vhzc said:

Hi.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. I could make the introduction skippable, yeah.

2. I think the game difficulty is not hard, so it doesn't need infinite lives. 

It isn't hard, exactly, but getting deep into the game requires a bit of time and some good luck/skill to not make mistakes.  Starting over from the beginning is fine for a old school experience when games were meant to be hard and suck quarters out of pockets, but a "casual" difficulty level where you can start over on the screen you died as many times as you want would be welcome for some players.  A lot of Atari games had "teddy bear" difficulty levels intended for small children, and I think there's a segment of the audience that appreciates this, while there's also a segment that appreciates a more difficult challenge.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Albert said:

Wow, look at this!  It's a box for Game of the Bear!  Coming soon to the AtariAge Store.  :)

2600_GameOfTheBear_Render_Boxes.jpg

Not sure which I like more, the bear running away from the flying pumpkin or the evil wizard on the back laughing.  :D

..Al

Does it have a PAL version when available in the shop? (By the way artwork is fantastic)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...