IGNORED

WarioWare: Get It Together! missing the mark?

greekplaya990

Just put in about an hour with the new WarioWare: Get It Together! and was kinda surprised to see the limited format in which you play. You're tied to characters that move up/down/left/right on the screen with special traits each but there isn't any crazy motion control stuff and things special that they do. It seems they made the game have to be playable on the Switch Lite consoles without removable controllers so there's no flinging or flicking or shaking of the console/controllers asked of you in any of the minigames in the the first world and a bit farther it seems. Kinda bummed out as there were always cool dynamics of play with the other WarioWare mini games on other systems that really pushed the boundaries (ie. the Warioware for GBA with a special cart).

How are others feeling about this release? Did WarioWare miss the mark in your book too with it's limited style play?

reJX9nlq4h-FoOmLgmEdfKLMv-EUI8PUq7pE-0l1914.jpg

• Like 1

I liked it, but found it short.

Most of more recent WarioWare games have had a lot of extra unlockable minigames and such... there really isn't anything in this one after you complete the main game.  You can "grind" to "level up" your characters, but that doesn't really DO anything...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried the demo and while I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to have many different types of gameplay with each character, even without using touch or motion controls, I really don't like the fact the game is using the Joy-con joystick. There's especially a mini game in which you have to aim quickly in different directions and I always failed miserably.

I have a lot of other games to play anyway so it's no big deal if I don't get that one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like and not the series, quite frankly for what it offers I feel it just isn't worth the money when they start asking more than around $30-40 for what's basically a limited run of a lot of mini games under a hi score chase, an optional one at that, because once you crack it the first time the story progresses for that character.  I've had most of them, second hand, and that's because they're just not all that great.  It's like they hit this highpoint on the old GBA original, and then the DS Touched one which worked marvelously so I've retained them, but the rest...meh.  Wario and the mini games are fun, but it kind of got stale so this wasn't on my radar, especially since I think they wanted what $50 for it?

I could see trying it some time, if my kid didn't end up with it, when I see some weird deal on it new or used just to give it a fair shot.  I felt the same about the 3DS late release GOLD, but given it was largely just re-released old games into a mash up it wasn't a priority (and Nintendo if you find it still peddles it at $40.)

WarioWare was the game that got me back into video games after two years of totally ignoring them in college. WarioWare Twisted was my favorite. WarioWare DIY was awesome, and I developed some really fun Joust minigames for it. Didn’t like the Wii one or Touched. WarioWare Gold is the best to pick up because it has all the best ones from the whole series.

I’m sorry to hear this one is thin. I have it but haven’t opened it yet.

• Like 1