IGNORED

Noob question about Coco tapes and wav files

Gunstar

So, I downloaded some .wav files to make tapes to try out on my Coco 2 and cassette deck. But I want to make sure it's straight forward like I think, but I'm a bit suspicious of what I am recording. Nothing to do with volume levels, I know I'll have to experiment with that a bit. This is about the length/time of wav files and the recorded tapes using them. I'm used to Atari 8-bit tapes that can average about 5-10 minutes in play time and I've noticed looking at some of the .wav files for the Coco how short they are in time/length. I have only recorded one, and not tested yet. Now I know the Coco tapes work at 1500bps and I know the standard Atari tapes work at 600bps, so obviously there would be a difference in tape time/length, but the first Coco wav I recorded to tape(Baccarat )is 88 seconds long on the .wav file and using Windows media to play it (sending it to the tape recorder). That seems quite short to me, even for 1500bps and I just want to make sure there isn't any pre-recording adjustments I need to do to record .wav files at 1500bps.

Are these Coco .wav files ready to just play and record as they are when I download them? Do most Coco tape games load in under 1 or 2 minutes?

Edited by Gunstar