IGNORED

Metal Dragon for the Sega Genesis / Megadrive

Kai_Magazine

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have a whole lot of cash to spend on stuff right now, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy one, especially with the yen/euro exchange rate definitely not being in my favour, but it's very nice to see a Japanese MD cover. Question about the Japanese MD version: it says Japanese cover, so I'm guessing that it's just the cover and that it has the NA/PAL cart shape and the box has the hang tab, right? Japanese carts are a different shape and of course Japanese MD boxes don't have the hag tab, either.

19 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I don't really have a whole lot of cash to spend on stuff right now, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy one, especially with the yen/euro exchange rate definitely not being in my favour, but it's very nice to see a Japanese MD cover. Question about the Japanese MD version: it says Japanese cover, so I'm guessing that it's just the cover and that it has the NA/PAL cart shape and the box has the hang tab, right? Japanese carts are a different shape and of course Japanese MD boxes don't have the hag tab, either.

Thank you for your interest.

I am sorry about the Yen/Euro current exchange rate is not optimal at this moment. Perhaps this will change eventually.

Correct, the only difference is the cover. The cart is NA/PAL shaped but compatible with all regions, and the box has the hang tab (which can be easily cut).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

UPDATE:
The first batch of pre-orders is under production. Shipments will begin by the end of this month (December 2021). 
We sent the manual to the printing company (which includes the names of those who made the pre-order up until Deceber 11th) so we will not be including any more names to the manual.

Any future pre-purchases will be sent on February once we finish sending the first batch, which will take around 2 months to build and send.

Thank you everyone for your support on this project!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 7:28 AM, Kai_Magazine said:

UPDATE 2:

Almost 25% of all the pre-orders have been shipped already! 
Please check your spam folder to see if you received the tracking code. 
Shipments are made in order of payment. If you made the pre-order before October 25th, chances are we sent you the tracking code already. 
Happy Holydays everyone!

I received mine in the mail the other day and finally got a chance to fire it up last night! It looks great and sounds great but I kinda suck at it since I'm not a quick with my reflexes as I used to be LOL! I would classify this game as a run and gun but more of a hybrid of run and gun bullet hell. Has that ever been done before? Well if not, Metal Dragon is that combination!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I received mine in the mail the other day and finally got a chance to fire it up last night! It looks great and sounds great but I kinda suck at it since I'm not a quick with my reflexes as I used to be LOL! I would classify this game as a run and gun but more of a hybrid of run and gun bullet hell. Has that ever been done before? Well if not, Metal Dragon is that combination!

Hey, you nailed it!

A mixture of "run and gun" and "bullet hell" is EXACTLY what we went for here!

Please try the easy difficulty level as the game was designed to be enjoyed by everyone, with any skill level and don't give up.

It is also possible to unlock the good ending in the easier levels (clues on the manual) so keep trying and I promise you, the more you play it the better you will get at it and the more you will enjoy it!

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Hey, you nailed it!

A mixture of "run and gun" and "bullet hell" is EXACTLY what we went for here!

Please try the easy difficulty level as the game was designed to be enjoyed by everyone, with any skill level and don't give up.

It is also possible to unlock the good ending in the easier levels (clues on the manual) so keep trying and I promise you, the more you play it the better you will get at it and the more you will enjoy it!

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback!

I've was playing it last night on the normal difficulty level and was able to get to the part where I get to the president's daughter but wasn't able to get past that point. I could have continued etc. but as you lose all of your weapons and grenades when that happens, it makes it much more difficult to get out of sticky situations where I might have had like 200 grenades and died not using them all and then continue over in basically the same spot I died but without grenades and just my pea shooter to get through. So after a few failed attempts and the fact that it was getting late, I turned it off the night.

I'm going to try and test this game later today on a few different model systems as a user over at Sega-16 isn't able to get his copy to work on several of his model 2 Genesis systems and is only able to get it working on his model 1? I use a model 1 va2 myself but have a few model 2 systems to try out and see if that is just an isolated issue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've was playing it last night on the normal difficulty level and was able to get to the part where I get to the president's daughter but wasn't able to get past that point. I could have continued etc. but as you lose all of your weapons and grenades when that happens, it makes it much more difficult to get out of sticky situations where I might have had like 200 grenades and died not using them all and then continue over in basically the same spot I died but without grenades and just my pea shooter to get through. So after a few failed attempts and the fact that it was getting late, I turned it off the night.

I'm going to try and test this game later today on a few different model systems as a user over at Sega-16 isn't able to get his copy to work on several of his model 2 Genesis systems and is only able to get it working on his model 1? I use a model 1 va2 myself but have a few model 2 systems to try out and see if that is just an isolated issue.

Yes, that user contacted me and I started investigating:

I asked everyone I know who owns the game and has a model 2 console to test the original cartridge on their model 2 consoles and it did work correctly for all of them, so at this point chances are that the issue might be in his power adapter. He must be using a power adapter that is different than other countries (he is British) and while using a megadrive model 2 (which is less power efficient than the 1) and our cartridge (which uses more energy than most) his power brick is perhaps unable to deliver enough power.

This is the current theory so far, but I don't see it as a big problem since he seems to be literally the only user affected by this, and I received more than 50 feedback from all over the world saying that they enjoyed the game without issues.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

Japanese carts are a different shape and of course Japanese MD boxes don't have the hag tab, either.

Actually, the very last MD releases from 1995 (Alien Soldier, Pengo, et al) did come in hangtag boxes.  Go figure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Yes, that user contacted me and I started investigating:

I asked everyone I know who owns the game and has a model 2 console to test the original cartridge on their model 2 consoles and it did work correctly for all of them, so at this point chances are that the issue might be in his power adapter. He must be using a power adapter that is different than other countries (he is British) and while using a megadrive model 2 (which is less power efficient than the 1) and our cartridge (which uses more energy than most) his power brick is perhaps unable to deliver enough power.

This is the current theory so far, but I don't see it as a big problem since he seems to be literally the only user affected by this, and I received more than 50 feedback from all over the world saying that they enjoyed the game without issues.

Very glad to hear it seems to be an isolated issue then. The game is a blast all the same and I will be getting back into playing it some more very soon!

Do you have other Genesis/MD projects on the horizon we need to be aware of?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Sounds like the thing with Chaotix not working on some Genesis 2 revisions. I wonder if it's the same revision that doesn't work with Chaotix.

Oops, didn't see the thing about PSUs and stuff. Disregard!

21 hours ago, Psionic said:

Actually, the very last MD releases from 1995 (Alien Soldier, Pengo, et al) did come in hangtag boxes.  Go figure.

I just saw Madou Monogatari I, the final MD game, on the 30th. I should have paid more attention to it. Game's not too hard to find, so I'll go check it again when I go back to Akiba, although I don't know when that will be.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1