IGNORED

Does anyone remember this game's name?

Ok I've been looking for this game online. I can't remember the name but I remember the game had green stick guys it was for the PC and came out in the early 2000s or late 1990 but don't  remember what it called or was about. I have a blerry picture of it if  someone can recognize it that wold be awesome.  It's that big green box 

IMG_20210926_151902.thumb.jpg.f240e539e75ad882c67f0cc16358bdd4.jpg

Edited by kevincondrick@gmail.com

4 hours ago, kevincondrick@gmail.com said:

Ok I've been looking for this game online. I can't remember the name but I remember the game had green stick guys it was for the PC and came out in the early 2000s or late 1990 but don't  remember what it called or was about. I have a blerry picture of it if  someone can recognize it that wold be awesome.  It's that big green box 

IMG_20210926_151902.thumb.jpg.f240e539e75ad882c67f0cc16358bdd4.jpg

What was the gameplay? Was it on DOS? Win 95? What did the stick figures do?

• Like 1

I believe it was 

1 hour ago, Leeroy ST said:

What was the gameplay? Was it on DOS? Win 95? What did the stick figures do?

I believe it was for Windows 95 or xp. I believe it was kinda like a tactical strategy game like you set out troops and fight the other stick guys. But I don't know for I never played the game just remember having it as a kid and always wanted to play it. I just remember seeing the back of the game there was red stick figures fighting the green ones. If that's what it is I don't know.

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

So where does this image come from - a magazine? Do you know which one, in case there are more clues? I suppose the Kong character has nothing to do with it?

Lol no the picture was from a family album. I made a project along time ago for school and I had all my games in a photo. I don't think I have the project any more tho. 

So idk one thing I can say was the game was called something like 

Cyber invasion or something invasion but can't be shure

I think the game you are looking for is Darwinia. I love the game and play it still to this day from time to time. It was actually for XP and was first released around 2006.

Pretty sure the green square in your pic is actually the box for Darwinia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinia_(video_game)

66777-darwinia-windows-front-cover.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I think the game you are looking for is Darwinia. I love the game and play it still to this day from time to time. It was actually for XP and was first released around 2006.

Pretty sure the green square in your pic is actually the box for Darwinia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinia_(video_game)

Hay thanks that very well might be it ? glade to find someone else who plays this. It was always a wonder to me. I could never play it due to my PC not being powefull enough to play it. I remember that game came with a keychain with it to. Always thought it looked very cool

22 hours ago, kevincondrick@gmail.com said:

Hay thanks that very well might be it ? glade to find someone else who plays this. It was always a wonder to me. I could never play it due to my PC not being powefull enough to play it. I remember that game came with a keychain with it to. Always thought it looked very cool

I have the exact box and the keychain still. Although I think I bought it on Steam a few years before I found the box. I actually found the boxed version at a Big Lots for only a few bucks and grabbed it then.

Also realized I didn't answer your other questions about the game. It was developed in the XP era and essentially just needed DX9 to run if I recall. 

It is a strategy game of sorts. The basic premise is that you come upon a computer system and the creator recruits you to jump into the system to initially wipe out a virus that threatens his simulator world creation with Darwinians as the digital people within it. There is a story of sorts but it mainly consists of each level teaching you new mechanics on how to play the game. But in a nutshell it is an RTS more or less. I really liked the graphics style of the game at the time and still find parts of it to be really cool to look at and essentially timeless to this day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I have the exact box and the keychain still. Although I think I bought it on Steam a few years before I found the box. I actually found the boxed version at a Big Lots for only a few bucks and grabbed it then.

Also realized I didn't answer your other questions about the game. It was developed in the XP era and essentially just needed DX9 to run if I recall. 

It is a strategy game of sorts. The basic premise is that you come upon a computer system and the creator recruits you to jump into the system to initially wipe out a virus that threatens his simulator world creation with Darwinians as the digital people within it. There is a story of sorts but it mainly consists of each level teaching you new mechanics on how to play the game. But in a nutshell it is an RTS more or less. I really liked the graphics style of the game at the time and still find parts of it to be really cool to look at and essentially timeless to this day. 

I to bought my game at biglots years ago then some time ago I think I sold it. I did happen to find a complete in box copy on Amazon just yesterday and bought it. I also saw they had it on steam and played it for the first time. Really cool music and I graphics are neat. Really glad you could help. Always wanted to play it and now I can. They Also have online version that's that's called Multiwinia maybe I'll try that to 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 1:39 PM, Leeroy ST said:

On closure inspection, the OPs original pic has the games name on the greenbox.

Me and @carlsson did the oopies.

Very true but I actually knew what game he was talking about (Or at least was pretty sure) before I could even make out it was the gamebox in his pic. I only added the pic of the box when I then realized it was the same box in the OPs pic.

Speaking of the game, I actually played through it again this weekend. Wonderful experience to go through from time to time. However, the last mission or map is a bit too easy if you just know where to setup the Armour units. In fact the main and last piece of the map land you have to conquer should be very difficult to take out the enemies given how quickly they are made and how strong they are. But all it takes is one Armour turret placed close from another section of land that isn't attached. And then taking control of the turret yourself.

In fact once you acquire the armour units and upgrade to them to at least level 2, you pretty much have the only tool you need to win the maps going forward.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Very true but I actually knew what game he was talking about (Or at least was pretty sure) before I could even make out it was the gamebox in his pic. I only added the pic of the box when I then realized it was the same box in the OPs pic.

Speaking of the game, I actually played through it again this weekend. Wonderful experience to go through from time to time. However, the last mission or map is a bit too easy if you just know where to setup the Armour units. In fact the main and last piece of the map land you have to conquer should be very difficult to take out the enemies given how quickly they are made and how strong they are. But all it takes is one Armour turret placed close from another section of land that isn't attached. And then taking control of the turret yourself.

In fact once you acquire the armour units and upgrade to them to at least level 2, you pretty much have the only tool you need to win the maps going forward.

I still have yet to play this game. I did however get the demo to try it out. As much as I played so far it seams like you really need to know what your doing. It's a cool game tho I love the graphics and the sound design. Makes for a fun experience. I should have a physical copy here in a day or two. The only thing is will windows 10 support an older disc game? 

P.S I've been playing it on the Atari VCS. Awesome ways to play it

3 hours ago, kevincondrick@gmail.com said:

I still have yet to play this game. I did however get the demo to try it out. As much as I played so far it seams like you really need to know what your doing. It's a cool game tho I love the graphics and the sound design. Makes for a fun experience. I should have a physical copy here in a day or two. The only thing is will windows 10 support an older disc game? 

P.S I've been playing it on the Atari VCS. Awesome ways to play it

Don't know about the physical as again, I purchased it originally through Steam before I found a physical copy of the game. The Steam version plays just fine on my Windows10 system as you would expect. I've not looked to see if it is available as a DRM free version from GOG. But had I known about GOG back then, I would have gotten it that way.

• Like 1