IGNORED

Anyone want a Project Name By Line?

Dantaipan

9 hours ago, youki said:

What is this? 

A Coleco In-House graphics design program plus much more. It is called either Coleco Graphics Processor or due to the title screen, Project Name By Line. It was used by Coleco programmers and artists in order to more easily facilitate development of CV and ADAM warez.

The cart dump has been available.

There is a more feature packed version called Adam Resident Debugger. That rom dump is also available.

The one pictured in Post #1 was made by Jim Walters / Walters Software Co in the late 80s or early 90s using his own cart PCB.

Check them out and if you have an old Vax machine, there’s an option to connect an ADAM to one but good luck with the hardware end of that option.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, rietveld said:

Did Walters software sell this as a PCB or was it in a cartridge?

I thought only in cartridge form but it’s possible only PCBs were sold.

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

Could this ROM be used on an atarimax cart to replicate the screen capture option?

Yes. There were two versions of this, one was corrupted and the screen capture doesn’t work and the other is good. I verified the screen capture was working a couple months ago but it does not capture sprites.

4 hours ago, NIAD said:

I thought only in cartridge form but it’s possible only PCBs were sold.

Yes. There were two versions of this, one was corrupted and the screen capture doesn’t work and the other is good. I verified the screen capture was working a couple months ago but it does not capture sprites.

So when the cart captures the VRAM and writes it to disk, how is that information re used?  Can the captured VRAM data be LOADed back to the Adam?

4 hours ago, rietveld said:

So when the cart captures the VRAM and writes it to disk, how is that information re used?  Can the captured VRAM data be LOADed back to the Adam?

There is an option in CGP to create a storage media for one's work/screen captures. IIRC, the media has a non-standard directory so other ADAM software can't view it, but Steve Pitman wrote a SmartBasic program that read in and converts these screen captures and saves them in a format that other programs like PowerPaint can use.

8 hours ago, yodan said:

Hey @rietveld nice to see you over here as well ;-) The gentleman I purchased this from probably > 20 years ago was an Adam programmer/enthusiast in the Toronto area. He was probably in his 70s at the time. Where was Walters software based?

Hmm, Syd Carter and the Wick brothers would be younger so I'm gonna go with Tony Morehen or Guy Cousineau???

20 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Hmm, Syd Carter and the Wick brothers would be younger so I'm gonna go with Tony Morehen or Guy Cousineau???

Nope but I found an old email. I don't want to post his name here but he was mentioned by you in the following post. Apologies to the gentleman if I was way off on age. It was a LONG time ago and I barely remember the transaction. 

Edited by yodan

Well well well.

That's me (on the left) then, newcoleco and RGDiRocco(?).

Reading this thread... the cart didn't come from me (if you're implying me from the picture).

Matter of fact this is where I may have gotten my 'Project Name by Line cart'... from one of the organizers(?) that lives in Grand Rapids.

Allhollowed... something(?)

Also this is were I met NIAD (if memory serves me correctly)...

Jeff