IGNORED

838 AT2XT Keyboard Adapter v2.0 Firmware Update

Shift838

All,

If you purchased a 838-AT2XT Keyboard Adapter from me (Firmware 1.0) with the PIC12F629 please PM me if you want to update your firmware.

I have a updated firmware that resolves some issues and if you have the ability to program a PIC12F629 I can provide the hex file to you.  Since I have socketed the PIC IC on the board it is easily removable to reprogram.

Just reprogram the IC and plug it back in.  

If you do not have the ability to update the firmware yourself then I can send you a new PIC12F629 for the cost of the chip + shipping.

Issue in v1.0

The original firmware @InsaneMultitasker identified an issue with the buffering some months back.  If you launched a program and started typing while the program was loading it would not catch all the characters, typically only the first 2 or 3 characters and it would loose the rest to YOHO land.  

After some time chasing it I decided to recode parts of the firmware that controlled the buffering.  

I have reworked the code and reassembled into a new HEX file to correct the issue.  This is one more project off my bench!  

a short video of it working:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jugrobQP3OvF_DjEiauH9vGhYSnJlRHz/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Shift838
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shift838 said:

All,

If you purchased a 838-AT2XT Keyboard Adapter from me (Firmware 1.0) with the PIC12F629 please PM me if you want to update your firmware.

I have a updated firmware that resolves some issues and if you have the ability to program a PIC12F629 I can provide the hex file to you.  Since I have socketed the PIC IC on the board it is easily removable to reprogram.

Just reprogram the IC and plug it back in.  

If you do not have the ability to update the firmware yourself then I can send you a new PIC12F629 for the cost of the chip + shipping.

Issue in v1.0

The original firmware @InsaneMultitasker identified an issue with the buffering some months back.  If you launched a program and started typing while the program was loading it would not catch all the characters, typically only the first 2 or 3 characters and it would loose the rest to YOHO land.  

After some time chasing it I decided to recode parts of the firmware that controlled the buffering.  

I have reworked the code and reassembled into a new HEX file to correct the issue.  This is one more project off my bench!  

a short video of it working:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jugrobQP3OvF_DjEiauH9vGhYSnJlRHz/view?usp=sharing

Chris,

I have a TL866CS and I believe the software will program it, correct?  Can you send me whatever file is needed to reprogram the chip?  I have only reprogrammed eproms in the past, and I know there is no window on the PIC12F629, so I assume the software will do whatever it needs on its own.  Also, if I look at "Set Interface" part of the software for the TL866CS, it indicates to use the 40P Adapter which is the default programmer without any of the special hardware for other chips.

Just saying all this to confirm.

Thanks.

Beery

1 hour ago, 9640News said:

Chris,

I have a TL866CS and I believe the software will program it, correct?  Can you send me whatever file is needed to reprogram the chip?  I have only reprogrammed eproms in the past, and I know there is no window on the PIC12F629, so I assume the software will do whatever it needs on its own.  Also, if I look at "Set Interface" part of the software for the TL866CS, it indicates to use the 40P Adapter which is the default programmer without any of the special hardware for other chips.

Just saying all this to confirm.

Thanks.

Beery

I coded my PIC12F629 with a TL866II Plus with no issues.

1 hour ago, Shift838 said:

all the PICs that I program can be reprogrammed if your programmer and software supports them.

Are you saying you cold not read the new HEX file into the software?  Make sure you select INTEL HEX not BINARY.

I could load the Hex file you sent me.  What I could not do was read the chip's current code, nor could I program it.

I have the MiniPro v6.85 software that has the chip in its chip list.  Not sure if

I have loaded the file, unclicked the "Check ID" box, and then go to Device > Program turning off the checkboxes for DATA Memory, Con. FUSE Bit, and User ID.

image.thumb.png.796c3aa01502c022802f1c7ca3aa02d6.png

I then get this screen below:

image.png.b45f0db63f602da7e38bcd8c1a54bce6.png

If I unclick the Code Memory box, then  I get the below box without the error.

image.png.cc3606888c56c882a884c6e2e1c180cf.png

When I plug the chip back into the box, and use your link demo you provided earlier, I start typing characters 123456789.

Around character 3, I get an "e".  And sometimes, it is pulling up previous keys I typed in before I even typed LINK <enter>.

At the moment, I am not entirely sure based upon some of the screens whether everything got programmed correctly and I may be using the previous code??????

Beery

• 2 weeks later...