IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

CaptainBreakout

Welcome to the official Atari Age Secret Santa thread for 2021!

666260946_YarOpening.thumb.png.7f84cd053529610fd3b3afbbe11f6081.png

Retro-gaming's best kept secret returns in 2021!

'twas the months before Christmas,

and all around Atari Age,

members discussed retro gaming

(some even the N-Gage).

...to be continued!

Your humble hosts, @chicgamer and @CaptainBreakout will return (for Revenge!)

in 2021, to help manage and co-ordinate Christmas Cheer in this awesome community!

The Secret Santa gift exchange is open to ALL Atari Age members in good standing (explanation to follow)

2071465183_SantaWantList.thumb.jpg.4a126ad4693da9859bedd2f2ff0d6b5b.jpg

The Rules:

1. Post a reply within this thread of your intention to participate.

2. PM @CaptainBreakout  or @chicgamer with the following information:

• Atari Age username
  • Name and mailing address
  • Ideas for items you might like (this can be specific, such as a particular game, or more general, like a console you collect for, or even a list of your hobbies or interests); please try to provide at least a few ideas. Send us anything you would like your Secret Santa to know about you for the purpose of gift giving. Please take the time to formulate some ideas for your Secret Santa. Secret Santas want to have fun coming up with your gift!
  • In case your Secret Santa wants to include some treats, be sure to provide any dietary considerations or preferences. You may also offer a suggestion (e.g.. "Chocolate Covered Yars are my favorite!").
  • Please indicate whether you are willing to ship internationally.
  • If you participated last year, please tell us whom you were Secret Santa for.

3. All responses need to be received by Sunday, October 31 (Halloween).

Shipping times may still be delayed this year (especially internationally), so please start early. We will send out your Secret Santa notifications by November 8.

4. How much you spend is up to you, but please don’t feel obligated to spend more than you’re comfortable with.

We want as many people who want to participate to be able to, and we know this year has been difficult financially for many. The suggested total gift value has always been around $30 USD. If you are in a position to be more generous—go ahead! But don't go broke.

5. We recommend you ship any packages sent via USPS during the first week of December. For international packages, we recommend you ship by mid-November (no later than the week prior to Thanksgiving in the US).

Please provide tracking information for your packages.

The thread will be regularly updated as we get more participants.

LU-00396.png.32e590ead4c9371b5eb6bca5c0ed44bf.png

We all need something to look forward to this year, and we hope that everyone has fun with Secret Santa! If you’re participating, please follow through with your commitment so that no one gets left out.

We should emphasize that Atari Age Secret Santa is about the giving.              

It's NOT looking for an even exchange or coming out ahead, but about trying to make Christmas nicer for another member.              

To reiterate what has been said in past years…

Don't be a Bah-Humbug and just enjoy giving and receiving with other Atari Age members.

Head2.thumb.PNG.07a527d4909da45ab51e495b19a193b2.PNG

NO.

but, on the other hand...

SantaFillingStockings.thumb.png.acd7a64b9e7961943ca05f9a16ad5bba.png

YES!

Enjoying giving is the most amazing feeling you can have in the season.

Go for it.

Need gift ideas?  Easy.  Just think about the member's interests.  Also, gifts don’t have to cost anything (or much anyway).  

Good at Photoshop? Great!  Print something cool and personal on glossy… maybe get it framed. Can you code? Wow!… do a little custom hack and blow their mind!  

A few loose carts.   I always suggest looking through your collection... maybe something there that YOU never play, might be right up their alley.  "Do it!" said Palpatine, -posted often in years gone by.

Have fun with this. YOU are someone’s Santa! What better opportunity do you have to blow the mind of another retro-head?... like yourself, but different?  Have fun... You ARE Santa. ;)  -CB 

ConceptPic.thumb.png.c9d81aebcafff6fad5ebdb9a9a95ffad.png

CHEERS!

Secret Santa 2021 Participants

1.     CaptainBreakout

2.     chicgamer

3.     SoulBlazer
4.     Chuck D. Head
5.     joeatari1
6.     Wilco
7.     ClassicGMR
8.     Isaiah Austin
9.     Zeptari1

10.    Dr Moocowz

11.    CyranoJ

12.    davidcalgary29

13.    Dopy25

14.    Hydro Thunder

15.    imstarryeyed

16.    adamchevy

17.    cvga

18.    jd_1138

19.   HoshiChiri

20.    moycon

21.    bomberpunk 

22.    Crazy Climber 

23.    BurritoBeans

24.    Armscar Coder

25.    FujiSkunk

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 11

It's on, like Donkey Kong! I'm all in! ?

PS: I love the "Yar who saved" image up top! oh... and owned way too much n-gage things back in the day that I ? to admit! LOL

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi hohoho everybody!

I just want to share with you all... I am in the middle of the biggest rainstorm California has seen in years!  It's been pouring nonstop since yesterday evening, and the oak trees outside are blowing and swaying so much, I looked out the window and thought I was on a train.

Supposedly they are predicting 7+ inches of rain here over 24 hours.  Not snow. Rain.

Also my power is out.  HOHOLOL

This happened last year too. Not because of a rainstorm but because they cut the power due to wildfire concerns.  Anyway, seems often when I plan to do a day to catch up on AA Secret Santa, I end up doing it in the dark on my cell phone.

I'm not complaining, it's kinda fun.

So anyway... If you haven't written you "dear Santa" letter, please do so this week. Chicgamer and I are compiling the data meantime.

Time to start getting excited!  We've all got this pumpkin business to get past and then it's really going to start feeling like Christmas!

Also, if you participated before and are thinking about taking the plunge, now's the time!  (Newcomers welcome too)

Cheers!

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 3

Hey thanks for the reminder, I am IN for sure again this year!!

Looking forward to participating again.

Hey everyone please update any wish list you have for games or merch or Etsy or whatever as I love to use those lists!  I will also publish my RFGeneration list as well.

I have a lot of games for all kinds of systems and would love to share with my Secret Santa!

• Like 4