IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

CaptainBreakout

3 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

We're still waiting on the other half of the matches from chicgamer, right?

Yup! I'm starting to send them now.

EDIT:

Everyone should now be assigned a Secret Santa recipient! If you don't have one, reach out to CaptainBreakout and/or me.

For those of you who received your assignment from me, you'll notice the info is in a table. In case it isn't apparent from what's in each cell, the columns are: Name, Address, Gift Ideas, Dietary Restrictions/Preferred Treats (you may not have all of these columns for your recipient, as some people didn't list any dietary restrictions or preferred treats).

Again, thank you all for your participation!

• Like 6

Thanks Chicgamer! Excited to get started. I got some great gift clues for my recipient and what systems they are collecting for, but it is kinda hard to guess what games would work. I have just used a shotgun approach in the past, hoping they would get a few new ones. To help my santa out I attached my checklists for 2600, 7800 and TI stuff to the About Me tab of my profile. I will try to drop my 5200 list on there tonight. Plus this will help me find my checklists in the future when I come across games out and about. I already have some cool stuff picked out for my recipient.

Edit: FYI the 2600 "hot list" isn't a check list, just a list of lower rarity games I don't have as targets when I am game hunting; much easier than an unwieldy 15 page checklist.

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 6

Well, CyranoJ, you are an inspiration around here as usual.  Can't believe your stuff's in the mail already.

Personally, I haven't had ANY thoughts on the secondary and tertiary gifts yet... Although this year, it was an easy slam dunk for Present Prime. (Muhahahaha!)

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Well, CyranoJ, you are an inspiration around here as usual.  Can't believe your stuff's in the mail already.

Personally, I haven't had ANY thoughts on the secondary and tertiary gifts yet... Although this year, it was an easy slam dunk for Present Prime. (Muhahahaha!)

It's not, its on the shelf waiting for me to venture out.  But its all wrapped up! Will ship on Tuesday.

• Like 5

I think I know what I want to get my Secret Santa, but I'm leaving on the 20th for a week and I don't want to run the risk of having anything come while I'm gone.  I'll buy the items while I'm gone then so they will come soon after I return.  Since my person is out of the US, I'm going to try my damnest to mail by Dec 6th so it has a shot of getting there for Christmas.

• Like 5

On 11/10/2021 at 1:32 PM, Chuck D. Head said:

Thanks Chicgamer! Excited to get started. I got some great gift clues for my recipient and what systems they are collecting for, but it is kinda hard to guess what games would work. I have just used a shotgun approach in the past, hoping they would get a few new ones. 

I'm in a similar boat- went with my gut, everything's bought, now it just has to get here. Fingers crossed that it will all show up on time, be liked... and all work! I took a chance on one item, if I can get it cleaned up & functional it should be a unique addition. If not... I hope it'll at least be a good art piece? ?

12 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Oh, I cannot WAIT to see this!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

This is my problem with the entire gift set. Not one of the dozen things I collected and put aside for the SS this year is a valid option. Uh boy!

Looks like more fun for you!  At least until next year.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

This is my problem with the entire gift set. Not one of the dozen things I collected and put aside for the SS this year is a valid option. Uh boy!

I've noticed there's two mind sets based on the people I've had over the last 4 or 5 years. A set in stone list with multi items, sometimes with included links to online stores OR a free spirit list type attitude, hey these are the systems I collect for. Surprise me! 

I'm fine with both, really. I ordered an item from the AA store yesterday for my SS recipient. Hopefully it'll get here in time to mail.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Zeptari1 said:

I've noticed there's two mind sets based on the people I've had over the last 4 or 5 years. A set in stone list with multi items, sometimes with included links to online stores OR a free spirit list type attitude, hey these are the systems I collect for. Surprise me! 

I just don't want to disappoint considering that I spend a lot of time looking forward to this and, let's be honest, being annoying posting in and about AA Secret Santa all year long. :P

The list is kind of like that - "surprise me" - but the only specific things this person listed I don't have. I DO have what I consider some really good SS presents and I just hope it'll make them smile. I don't have a lot of options right now so I kinda have to go with the stash. I visited my wife this morning and she said the same thing to me - "You have some good stuff. They'll like it! Just send it." :)

• Like 6

Oh -- I didn't think to say this until now. :(

If my Secret Santa has not mailed yet -- please try to hold off mailing so that it will come AFTER November 28th.   I return from a trip on that date and since I live in an apartment I don't want to run the risk of someone stealing the package.

I will let Chic know this as well so she can let them know.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

I'm fine with both, really. I ordered an item from the AA store yesterday for my SS recipient. Hopefully it'll get here in time to mail.

If you haven't, consider reaching out to Albert to let him know that the item is for AtariAge Secret Santa. I think he'll prioritize getting the item out.

Some of you are so far ahead of where I am right now. I'm still brainstorming gift ideas.

• Like 4

OK, the package has left the premises.

To the recipient (who will know who its from thanks to the huge AUSTRALIA POST sticker on it, ho! ho! ho!) - If a christmas miracle brings it to you early, please feel free to open it.  The last 18 months have been pretty hard on everyone so grab some early cheer if you can!

Eagerly awaiting the pages of excitement and the 'unwrappenings' pictures!

PS. Everyone here in this thread is awesome.

• Like 5

This is so cool and I knew nothing if it. I missed out this year but there is always next year. This is the best gaming community on the internet. So many good people here.

Anyone ever watch the classic movie Gremlin's it is a Christmas movie and it states a statistic about Christmas being the day most susides occure. I looked it up and it is a true fact because some people have lost their family or for some reason or been divorced and even alieanated. This Secret santa thing can bring hope to such lost people. Can I pre-signup for next year ?

Edited by overgrouth
  • Like 5

On 11/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, chicgamer said:

If you haven't, consider reaching out to Albert to let him know that the item is for AtariAge Secret Santa. I think he'll prioritize getting the item out.

Noted and done! Thanks for that.

BTW: its was like Christmas day for anyone into Halo today! 20th anniversary and surprise Infinite multiplayer launch day!

• Like 3

Ok. I think I got my SS recipient what I believe to be one of their wants. I just hope I got it right and didn't misunderstand what it was. haha.

There will also be a few other things I put in the box so it should work out. 

I too am still brainstorming but I know the mail out deadline is coming up. We all know how well USPS works these days. 

• Like 5