IGNORED

Centipede Recharged: Challenge Levels

justclaws

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Absalon said:

I just finished the levels of the switch version in two evening sessions. When you are lucky and get the right weapon-drop in the beginning, some of the levels are over in 10-15 sec. Thats weird...

Cool. So now you can try to conquer the 10 extra exclusive levels on the VCS version!

I finally beat Flea Survive (!) and have now unlocked the remaining VCS Challenges. I have three to go: Flea Survive XL (34), Scorp-Ed Earth (39) and Exponential Growth (40). I'm going to try and clear these this weekend. 

The 10 additional VCS exclusive challenges are much more difficult than the 30 base challenges available on other platforms.  Good luck to anyone trying to get that co-op challenge achievement. ??

Also, a few of the challenges ("Scorp-Ed Earth" as an example) don't display the goal. I forget the message offhand, but it's something like Translation Error. Has anyone else noticed it?

On 10/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, SabertoothRetro said:

I finally beat Flea Survive (!) and have now unlocked the remaining VCS Challenges. I have three to go: Flea Survive XL (34), Scorp-Ed Earth (39) and Exponential Growth (40). I'm going to try and clear these this weekend. 

The 10 additional VCS exclusive challenges are much more difficult than the 30 base challenges available on other platforms.  Good luck to anyone trying to get that co-op challenge achievement. ??

Also, a few of the challenges ("Scorp-Ed Earth" as an example) don't display the goal. I forget the message offhand, but it's something like Translation Error. Has anyone else noticed it?

Could you list the 10 extra challenges, please, and maybe take a photo or a screen capture of the screen showing them?
It would be very nice if this image could be shared here and with your permission, elsewhere, when people ask about it.

I'm quite a way behind you, else I'd do so myself. :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, SabertoothRetro said:

As requested by @justclaws, here are the screen captures for the 10 VCS exclusive challenges.  I've completed all but the thirty-ninth, "Scorp-Ed Earth."

31 - Poison Centipede

32 - Dangerous Shrooms

33 - Flea Survive

34 - Flea Survive XL

35 - Raining Fleas

36 - A Rocky Start

37 - Spider Town

38 - Centipocalypse

39 - Scorp-Ed Earth

40 - Exponential Growth

31 - Poison Centipede Screen.jpg

31 - Poison Centipede.jpg

32 - Dangerous Shrooms Screen.jpg

32 - Dangerous Shrooms.jpg

33 - Flea Survive Screen.jpg

33 - Flea Survive.jpg

34 - Flea Survive XL Screen.jpg

34 - Flea Survive XL.jpg

35 - Raining Fleas Screen.jpg

35 - Raining Fleas.jpg

36 - A Rocky Start Screen.jpg

36 - A Rocky Start.jpg

36 - Spider Town Screen.jpg

36 - Spider Town.jpg

37 - Centipocalypse Screen.jpg

37 - Centipocalypse.jpg

39 - Scorp-Ed Earth Screen.jpg

39 - Scorp-Ed Earth.jpg

40 - Exponential Growth Screen 2.jpg

40 - Exponential Growth.jpg

I’m on the last 2…have been for quite some time because I wanted to do them in exact order…

anyway…I thought I had the 39th Level figured out…and I had multiple times with…nothing…on the screen. Played for over an hour…timer cycled through and started over again…I am talking 5-10 times with everything off the screen except me???

Now I’m wondering if I need to finish the 40th Level and go back to the 39th and get everything off the screen…nothing left(none) on the screen?

I’ll give what I did…if anyone wants to know and wants to try to do it but in an alternate way or something. I don’t want to ruin anyone’s try at it…but(it didn’t complete it…it should have) there’s nothing else to do…like I said…nothing was on the screen multiple times.

Thinking this 39th Level has a glitch that doesn’t allow it to be completed…maybe?

Edited by El Livo Cat

Thinking I should put this separate as well…less scrolling…edit…I see that doesn’t matter. 

I figured out how to have “None”(nothing) on the screen…I did it multiple times for Level 39. I played for over an hour…the timer cycled back to the beginning…and started counting again from zero.

I am going to finish Level 40 and then go back to Level 39…to have it be the end with nothing on the screen…but I don’t think that will be it.

I think there is a glitch not allowing Level 39 to be completed…something not registering. 

Edited by El Livo Cat

It’s a glitch…I finally paid attention to what was actually causing the meter to move. 

There are not enough Scorpions to kill to complete Level 39. They have the meter count just a few too high or the Scorpion count just a few too low. 

I am trying now to not let any Scorpions get past…but…I’m thinking that won’t matter anyway. That the number of Scorpions stays the same regardless when killed & the meter is just off by a few. So you are never able to finish the level. 

• Like 1