IGNORED

Games/franchises that were never on Nintendo systems before the Switch.

electricmastro

Was interested in looking games/franchises that were never released on Nintendo systems until the Switch came along, and how they may compare with previous releases. Examples include:

BioShock
Borderlands
Call of Juarez
Catherine
Commandos
Crysis
Dark Souls
Deadly Premonition
Devil May Cry
Diablo
Divinity
Dragon's Dogma
The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Fear Effect
Icewind Dale
Kingdoms of Amalur
L.A. Noire
Limbo
Lumines
Metro
Neverwinter
Outlast
Panzer Dragoon
Payday
Postal
Saints Row
Skullgirls
Spelunky
Torchlight
Trials
Valkyria Chronicles
Wasteland
The Witcher
X-COM

If we ignore handheld, and the rumor is reality, add in Grand Theft Auto.  Supposedly the PS2 era games are getting an HD facelift for the system, so called fits on the cart too.  We shall see in both cases, considering rockstar cheaped on their other games hard leaving them as broken physical partial files with required downloads (like LA Noire.)

Not counting virtual console here with this, but Streets of Rage was new.  Grandia is another with that 1+2 HD Collection.

7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's not a rumor anymore, it has been confirmed by Rockstar. But I would not ignore handhelds since I loved the DS game.

I don't either, tend to prefer them since the later 90s, but a lot of dim witted souls consider handheld games not real games or bite sized throw away games which is just so ignorant.  GTA in that respect had GTA for gb/gbc, GTA2 GBC only, GTAA (basically gta 3 overhead mode 'lite') for GBA, and then chinatown wars on DS where it was before ported to mobile devices.  That's why I said if we ignore handheld, I don't, but enough annoyingly do.

I loathe GTA ghettodreas where you need to run as much as drive or you get a fat ass and winded/slow...would never play that.  But since that pack had the best of the best too with GTA3 and Vice City I'm all up for it.  I've been wanting to play those other two for years again, but they're not quite friendly on a modern PC if you have the old CDs of it.  TO have it on the go and running, most excellent.

My only concern is that rockstar are d-bags so far to Nintendo in that they put pieces of a game on a card, with a huge download still required to actually get the game.  They're even more disgusting than people just selling a box with a waiver in it pulling that stunt.  So I mean these games are old, didn't use a lot of space.  Converted even with 720/900/1080 assets whatever they'd resolve to do, the games should fit on a 32GB card no problem.  I could see them cheap out and just put GTA3 on there or 3+VC since the other is larger than the two.  I'd have to see what they do with the release and decide from there.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, Tanooki said:

Another forgotten locked to Japan game, and handheld too...figures.

Might as well mention games/franchises that have been on Nintendo handhelds, but not home consoles until Switch:

BlazBlue

Disgaea

Grandia

Katamari Damacy

Kingdom Hearts

Ni no Kuni

Onimusha

Rollercoaster Tycoon

Syberia

Edited by electricmastro

• 2 weeks later...