IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 13 - BurgerTme w/ Diner Bonus

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 13)

BurgerTime

BurgerTime.jpg.f20e47efd3d47f9dc73d853adfad40de.jpg

BurgerTime by Mattel / Data East 1982

burgertime.gif.3d48c31c88fb54fbaad05ea7252471f2.gif

Your chef, Peter pepper, is surrounded! Pickles and hot dogs are everywhere! Dodge down a ladder, pepper a pickle and you've escaped. They all chase after you. Run for your life to the next bun. Gobble some fries along the way and you've got some pepper -- just in case. Round up them nasties and drop them all down. You're one step closer to BURGERTIME!

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21478/intellivision/BurgerTime-1982-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for BurgerTime

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

508,850 gavvv; SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PLAYER'S CHOICE - PLAY WHATEVER SPEED YOU WANT. SET RECORD FOR HIGHEST SCORE REGARDLESS OF LEVEL SELECTED. 

Main Game Scoring - +13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. Additional bonus points listed below. 

Contest Ends
SUNDAY OCTOBER 24TH 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

Bonus Game

Diner

Diner.jpg.7760070be385b6ff0464f68140be2b0e.jpg

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21492/intellivision/Diner-1987-Intv-Corp.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Diner

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

620,650 IntellivisionDude; SET NEW RECORD +2

Game Setting

PLAYERS CHOICE - PLAY WHATEVER SPEED YOU WANT. SET RECORD FOR HIGHEST SCORE REGARDLESS OF LEVEL SELECTED. +1 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE. 

Bonus Game Scoring

+7 1st place

+6 2nd

+5 3rd

+4 4th

+3 5th

+2 6th

7th or lower,

+1 participation point

(MAIN GAME SCORES)

BurgerTime

387,150 - gavvv [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

288,250 - gezkc [+12]

151,150 - IntyFanMatt [+11]

---------------------------------

105,250 - mark griff [+9]

84,550 - Rickster8 [+8]

79,750 - lupovax [+7]

69,700 - sprazzi [+6]

39,500 - fakecortex [+5]

35,600 - wolfy62 [+4]

(BONUS GAME SCORES)

Diner

507,350 - gavvv [+7][+1 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

285,400 - gezkc [+6]

244,000 - Rickster8 [+5]

209,950 - lupovax [+4]

112,750 - mark griff [+3]

109,850 - IntyFanMatt [+2]

43,450 - wolfy62 [+1]

18,950 - sprazzi [+1]

11,500 - fakecortex [+1]

Overall Rankings

After Utopia

1 Rickster8 209
2 Mark Griff 153
3 gezkc 134
4 lupovax 131
5 Sprazzi 117
6 mr_me 91
7 wolfy62 77
8 gar0u 57
9 IntyFanMatt 51
10 fakecortex 35
11 ed1475 31
12 CParsley 15
13 Gernot 13
14 Ace24 12
15 RogerPoco 11
16 t0spmad 10
16 roadrunner 10
18 jblenkle 7
19 JacobZu7zu7 5

Games Won

6 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4 / Horse Racing

5 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion / Horse Racing / Nova Blast

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

2 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor / Utopia

2 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon / Horse Racing

2 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD / Horse Racing

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Sneak Preview: 

Dracula - Hard Level

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

Great game! - and I've never really given Diner a proper go, so it'll be interesting to play that. 

I'm curious how these games fit into the Race and Space theme though! I guess you're racing away from the hot dogs and pickles? ??

Lol, yes because you are constantly 'on the run'  from the baddies and the nasties.... Okay it's a stretch, sort of..... ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

BT is probably my favorite INTV game! Never played Diner tho!

Edit- Snafu was always a favorite too. And yeah, Burger Time isn't an Intellivision original, but it just plays well and is super cute :) 

BT on Intellivision is the best port of them all. Always ranked as one of the best games on the system. Love it!

• Like 4

Burgertime sucks...

:P

I remember Diner being a little more fun than I expected it to be, tho I didn't play it much, tbh.

Teasing about the BT, but tbh I DO know of several(smart/know what they are talking about)people who swear by this particular port and I just don't get it, I mean, it's better than Atari 2600, that's for sure, but from there, I dunno...

• Haha 2

Out of the two I prefer Diner. I am terrible at BT as you all will see with my lame-ass scores. I won't even come close to 100k... Not kidding... Like Roger said above, I just don't 'get it' either..... ?

I never had BT as a kid, basically started playing it this year.... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Out of the two I prefer Diner. I am terrible at BT as you all will see with my lame-ass scores. I won't even come close to 100k... Not kidding... Like Roger said above, I just don't 'get it' either..... ?

I never had BT as a kid, basically started playing it this year.... 

Oh, no, don't get me wrong-I "get" Burgertime, haha, I know you know that-I just don't particularly see why this version is so many people honest to goodness favorite, tbh.

It's NOT bad-I just like playing in complete control when I am playing BT, like arcade(MAME), and NES, it's the one and only game I can completely bully.

I'm sure the BT version is great, and patternable(?), I just never took the time to do it.

Lol-Side note-

I have a Burgertime Shelf section, and the Box/manual I got from you really helps set it off!!!

:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Burgertime sucks...

:P

I remember Diner being a little more fun than I expected it to be, tho I didn't play it much, tbh.

Teasing about the BT, but tbh I DO know of several(smart/know what they are talking about)people who swear by this particular port and I just don't get it, I mean, it's better than Atari 2600, that's for sure, but from there, I dunno...

Well it’s universally praised. You and Rick are certainly in the minority if you don’t get it. But to each his own. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Burgertime is one of the best games on the Intellivision without a doubt! Everything about it is just right. 

My first impressions of Diner though is that graphically it's a complete mess! I find it really hard to work out where the "food balls" are going to go when you kick them, and it's not very easy to see what's supposed to be up and what's supposed to be down. Saying that, it actually seems quite fun to play, but I'm terrible at it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Well it’s universally praised. You and Rick are certainly in the minority if you don’t get it. But to each his own. 

No, I know, honestly, that's why I mentioned people I believe in/trust LIKING it, I just never did, definitely "in the minority", among folks I know!

:)

• Like 2

Here are my first entries. I can see how you could get enormous scores on Diner if you have the patience! It's nowhere near as fun as Burgertime though. It's also making my eyes bleed looking at the awful colours and graphics! ??

Burgertime: 276,200

DSC_1351.JPG

Diner: 250,850

DSC_1360.JPG

Edited by gezkc
Formatting
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I played BT in Emulation and Original Hardware lastnight and I noticed something odd. When playing the game on Original Hardware I saw that you can make the nasties follow your path. In other words, you can make them go a certain way based upon which way you (the Chef) goes. This aids you in getting them to bunch up together. However, when playing in Emulation, this same mentality does NOT exist because they (The Nasties) do what they want. In other words they WILL not necessarily follow your route, they might, but it's not a definite which to me makes the Emulation style of play harder for this particular game. I find it strange that the game deviates in this way between OH and EMU. Anybody else experience any oddities playing the two different variants of this game? 

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

So I played BT in Emulation and Original Hardware lastnight and I noticed something odd. When playing the game on Original Hardware I saw that you can make the nasties follow your path. In other words, you can make them go a certain way based upon which way you (the Chef) goes. This aids you in getting them to bunch up together. However, when playing in Emulation, this same mentality does NOT exist because they (The Nasties) do what they want. In other words they WILL not necessarily follow your route, they might, but it's not a definite which to me makes the Emulation style of play harder for this particular game. I find it strange that the game deviates in this way between OH and EMU. Anybody else experience any oddities playing the two different variants of this game? 

I've played both emulation and original hardware and haven't noticed any difference between them. 

Each enemy type responds in a different way to your position, so I'm not sure if you're expecting them all to behave the same way and when they don't, you're thinking they are just doing what they want (forgive me if that'd not what you're thinking!).

Generally if you're standing on the same level as an enemy and there is a ladder up and a ladder down before they reach you, the hot dogs will go down the ladder and the fried egg and pickle will go up the ladder. However, if you're above any of the enemies or below any of the enemies, they will move towards you (they will go down if you're below them and go up if you're above them). 

As you progress through the game, this changes a bit, but that's the general mechanic as I see it. I personally haven't noticed any difference in the way this works between emulation and the original game. 

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I've played both emulation and original hardware and haven't noticed any difference between them. 

Each enemy type responds in a different way to your position, so I'm not sure if you're expecting them all to behave the same way and when they don't, you're thinking they are just doing what they want (forgive me if that'd not what you're thinking!).

Generally if you're standing on the same level as an enemy and there is a ladder up and a ladder down before they reach you, the hot dogs will go down the ladder and the fried egg and pickle will go up the ladder. However, if you're above any of the enemies or below any of the enemies, they will move towards you (they will go down if you're below them and go up if you're above them). 

As you progress through the game, this changes a bit, but that's the general mechanic as I see it. I personally haven't noticed any difference in the way this works between emulation and the original game. 

I more so noticed it on the first few screens. Lol since I don't get very high up in this game cuz I'm not very good at it, that's all I got right now to go on..... ?

This is just another one of those games I simply won't ever be good at. The 85k is my PB and it will most likely stay there..... Time to bust open the Dracula game, (queue the scary haunted organ music) HAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!! ?‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

That’s very weird, would definitely be a disadvantage to play it in emulation then!

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

That’s very weird, would definitely be a disadvantage to play it in emulation then!

Lol yeah you would think but get this.... My 85k score that I got lastnight which is my all time PB was played in Emulation. Later lastnight I played it on OH and got 65k, HAHHAHAHAHAHAA ?

• Sad 1