IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 13 - BurgerTme w/ Diner Bonus

13 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

BurgerTime - Fastest - 39,500

FE240D2E-FCB1-46DC-B5F5-CC2B8F053226.thumb.jpeg.6aa1de439cafc69d8534a39a35a47bc0.jpeg

The scores here are insane. My pb from last season was 79k, so @Rickster8 don’t feel so bad, I consider your score great! And the rest...insane...like I said haha. And it looks like everyone’s playing on fastest too. CrAzY

Yeah I didn't have this game as a kid so I'm in a sense a n00b at BT, no doubt. I still think Diner is funner to play. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it..... ?

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, Rickster8 said:

I more so noticed it on the first few screens. Lol since I don't get very high up in this game cuz I'm not very good at it, that's all I got right now to go on..... ?

This is just another one of those games I simply won't ever be good at. The 85k is my PB and it will most likely stay there..... Time to bust open the Dracula game, (queue the scary haunted organ music) HAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!! ?‍♂️

Key to big big scores in the game are 1) get all the nasties following in one direction 'circling' around the board 2) learn the spots where you can split off lead guys to go around a longer path than the back guys, closing the group together. it's the key especially on boards 2 and 5.   Another key is that the biggest games you have to maximize the first 7-board loop.  From board 8 and higher it's much more difficult to get 4000 & 8000 point drops.  Hot dog and Egg are pretty consistent over the loops, but the pickle goes off pattern quite a bit on the second loop through and beyond.

• Thanks 3

Games Won Update:

6 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4 / Horse Racing

5 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion / Horse Racing / Nova Blast

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

2 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor / Utopia

2 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon / Horse Racing

2 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD / Horse Racing

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Overall Rankings

After Utopia

1 Rickster8 209
2 Mark Griff 153
3 gezkc 134
4 lupovax 131
5 Sprazzi 117
6 mr_me 91
7 wolfy62 77
8 gar0u 57
9 IntyFanMatt 51
10 fakecortex 35
11 ed1475 31
12 CParsley 15
13 Gernot 13
14 Ace24 12
15 RogerPoco 11
16 t0spmad 10
16 roadrunner 10
18 jblenkle 7
19 JacobZu7zu7 5

Diner isn't too bad, once I figured out what was going on, kind of. Besides the chef and enemies (love the beer lol), it does not resemble what I'd expect out of a BurgerTime sequel. What are we building here? Some kind of gross lumpy salad?

About to add my screenshot and I retract what I said about figuring out what was going on. I scored higher when I lost on level 3 than I did on level 5. Huh?

1810147842_Diner2021-10-1920_25_46.thumb.png.45fc332dfc97329dce9a7eec0c7c251a.png

Scored 250 points less on 5. I'll have to check out the manual. Not a lot of time to play tho, so we'll see.

• Like 3

Quick BurgerTime / Diner Update: (Up to post #45)

BurgerTime

387,150 - gavvv

288,250 - gezkc

151,150 - IntyFanMatt

105,250 - mark griff

84,550 - Rickster8

79,750 - lupovax

69,700 - sprazzi

39,500 - fakecortex

Diner

300,650 - gavvv

285,400 - gezkc

244,000 - Rickster8

109,850 - IntyFanMatt

89,250 - lupovax

18,950 - sprazzi

11,500 - fakecortex

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Diner isn't too bad, once I figured out what was going on, kind of. Besides the chef and enemies (love the beer lol), it does not resemble what I'd expect out of a BurgerTime sequel. What are we building here? Some kind of gross lumpy salad?

About to add my screenshot and I retract what I said about figuring out what was going on. I scored higher when I lost on level 3 than I did on level 5. Huh?

1810147842_Diner2021-10-1920_25_46.thumb.png.45fc332dfc97329dce9a7eec0c7c251a.png

Scored 250 points less on 5. I'll have to check out the manual. Not a lot of time to play tho, so we'll see.

Haha, I thought that as well. At least in Burgertime you're making decent looking burgers (although trampling all over the patties, buns and ingredients as you build them isn't particularly hygienic)! 

In Diner, you're kicking unidentifiable "food balls" down ramps and making some weird gloopy mess down at the bottom - really not very appetising at all! I don't think that the Diner would get too many customers with that sort of service, but perhaps I'm over thinking it!! ???

Edited by gezkc
  • Haha 3

I've improved my scores a bit. I had a nightmare midway through that Burgertime game and lost 4 lives on one level, so quite pleased to salvage a decent score from it! 

Burgertime: 288,250

DSC_1368.JPG

Diner: 285,400

DSC_1366.JPG

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 4

On 10/20/2021 at 2:48 AM, gezkc said:

Haha, I thought that as well. At least in Burgertime you're making decent looking burgers (although trampling all over the patties, buns and ingredients as you build them isn't particularly hygienic)! 

In Diner, you're kicking unidentifiable "food balls" down ramps and making some weird gloopy mess down at the bottom - really not very appetising at all! I don't think that the Diner would get too many customers with that sort of service, but perhaps I'm over thinking it!! ???

That was funny!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gavvv said:

Alrighty, here's a weird one. Diner 'Final' score 300,650.  However, on level 4 I finished the burger aaaaaand, the board didn't clear, aaand all of a sudden there was a 2nd player, aaaand all kind of glitches started happening before finally going black screen. 

This happened to me once playing Thin Ice.  I was pretty far in the game, then suddenly player two activates.  It played fine otherwise so I just killed off player two.  I wonder if it's a bug in the programming or if the RAM glitched during play.

Funniest Intellivision glitch I ever saw was years ago when me and my brother were kids. We were playing NHL Hockey. One of us skated off to the penalty box and in the process of going there that player ran into the puck. The puck then slid across the ice with the player on top of the puck. The player skated on the puck back and forth for minutes until we hit the reset button. The game was fried. It got caught in some kind of random glitch loop. It was hilarious. Me and Mike still look back at that moment and laugh..... ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

This happened to me once playing Thin Ice.  I was pretty far in the game, then suddenly player two activates.  It played fine otherwise so I just killed off player two.  I wonder if it's a bug in the programming or if the RAM glitched during play.

My guess it's probably the latter. I've not seen this behavior before and I've played this game much longer and much higher score so probably older console and cart keep getting older and not blessed w holy water for having the cart slid in just exactly so. This Tandy vision has been my 'daily player' console for over two decades now.

• Like 2