IGNORED

BPM Boy (by RetroNinja) - (in VCS Store)

justclaws

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

I'm digging these names. Makes me want to make variants, so I can use them all!

Thanks guys. Game is coming along and I'm trying to get it ready for submission ASAP. I'd like to get it out, gather feedback and go from there.

Yes please, it’s been a slow news month and a crummy start to the year for the VCS so far.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

I’m real excited to purchase BPM Boy for the VCS. Any idea when it will release this year?

I hate giving dates and missing them, which is why I haven't given any hard dates on this one. Post shipping of BPM Boy, I'll have better metrics to judge how long things take and you'll get more-solid dates from me, going forward.

All that said, I'm **really close**.  I'd say I'll be submitting to Atari within the month.

BTW, love your icon... used to play Venture a TON, back in the day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Barnes said:

I hate giving dates and missing them, which is why I haven't given any hard dates on this one. Post shipping of BPM Boy, I'll have better metrics to judge how long things take and you'll get more-solid dates from me, going forward.

All that said, I'm **really close**.  I'd say I'll be submitting to Atari within the month.

BTW, love your icon... used to play Venture a TON, back in the day!

Understood. Thank you for responding.

Oh yes, Venture is one of my all-time favorites! Glad to know another diehard fan is out there!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Now you’re teasing us! ??? How much longer until your game releases on the VCS?

I'm not sure which is worse; giving dates and missing them or not giving one at all...

So...

there's what I WANT to do for the game, which could go on for months, then there's the reality of bills to pay and helping alleviate the drought on the VCS, as well as the fact that I have 3 games I want to ship on the VCS this year. 

With all that said, the reality of what's left is this;

1. Bug testing.  I don't like shipping buggy games... I come from a pre-patch era of game development, plus I'd rather conversations about the game and feedback to me be about balancing, likes/dislikes vs. "I got trapped inside this geometry" or "this menu trapped me and I had to restart".

2. Leaderboards. I feel that this game's longevity comes in competing against high-scores, whether local or worldwide. Although I've designed and directed games with leaderboards; like Strider, The Grand Tour Racing and Midnight Club LA, I have never coded them myself. This is proving a bit time-consuming.

3. Boss fights. I feel as I play through there needs to be such things.  This may fall to the wayside and come in a later free DLC, though. :(

So, with what's left to do and how badly my pace has been over the past 2 weeks, I'm figuring I'll hit v1.0 next week.

Hope that helps. ?‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

Getting really close. Lots of bug testing right now.  In between builds, I've been working on the box art...

BPMBoy_VCS_Box_FullMock.jpg

That box art is super!  Looks like a mid 80s Atari box.  I love the whole aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...