IGNORED

My SNES is gathering dust, recommend me some easy fun games to buy

well, not too easy. I'm into platformers and shooters and of course TETRIS! No fighting games (Combo's are hard to pull off as is and i Lack friends to play with)

ABSOLUTELY NO LJN!

well, plug away. Note that I am NTSC and have no interest in Japanese consoles/games.

I already have the SNES mini but I feel at home with an actual controller in my hands.

Cheers from Lodi :)

Edited by Frozone212
additional

20 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

I already have the SNES mini but I feel at home with an actual controller in my hands.

I totally agree.  ?

As far as recommendations go, these are my favorite games for the Super Nintendo:

Spider-Man and The X-Men in Arcade's Revenge

NBA All-Star Challenge

WWF Super WrestleMania

WWF Royal Rumble

Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage

Alien 3

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Cheers, Lodi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Platformers:

Joe & Mac: Cavemen Ninja

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

Run Saber

Shooters (I don´t know how easy they all are):

Aero Fighters (vertical)

Darius Twin (horizontal)

Pocky & Rocky (top-down)

Pocky & Rocky 2 (top-down)

Pop´n Twinbee (vertical)

Strike Gunner S.T.G. (vertical)

Super Smash TV (top-down)

Super Swiv (vertical)

Other categories:

Biker Mice From Mars (racing)

Chrono Trigger (RPG)

Final Fight (beat´em up)

Final Fight 2 (beat´em up)

Final Fight 3 (beat´em up)

Rock´n Roll Racing (racing)

Turtles in Time (beat´em up)

Zombies Ate My Neighbourhood (adventure)

Edited by Lord Mushroom
  • Like 2

Wow taking the moral high road, seriously?  I just don't see that anymore.  Unless the stuff is made by the developer available it's not that big of a deal if you're not selling the ROMs themselves.  No reason to pay the hyper inflation bubble with the stuff going on now to line some clowns pocket.  Just get the kit, play what you want, and that does include freeware, homebrew, and other released stuff from old authors who public domain their stuff.

• Like 7

On 11/3/2021 at 11:24 AM, 0078265317 said:

"illegally" , no thanks.

Remember, only criminals use illegally downloaded ROMs from the internet. For criminal use only! Fortunately, you can just borrow copies of all of those rare games such as Rendering Ranger R2 that you don't own from people that you know in real life that own those games and (possibly) legally dump them yourself using your convenient Retrode 2 or Super Nt.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Remember, only criminals use illegally downloaded ROMs from the internet. For criminal use only! Fortunately, you can just borrow copies of all of those rare games such as Rendering Ranger R2 that you don't own from people that you know in real life that own those games and (possibly) legally dump them yourself using your convenient Retrode 2 or Super Nt.

But I don't know anybody with a rare collection.  Most of the people I know probably still don't have their Super Nintendo or other retro systems.  And in any event I only had one fried with a Super Nintendo.  Everyone one else was in a hurry to upgrade back then and got a Sega Genesis when ever it came out.  Sometime between then and before the Super Nintendo was released.

Edited by 0078265317
  • Haha 1

Yeah that's what a lot of really dumb people did back in the day who couldn't just wait a bit, some regretted the mistake, some didn't and stuck with it.

I still don't get playing the whiny illegal card, no one cares.  If you're not going to start selling roms or linking them on the forum which which is a no no, I'm sure you'll be fine.  Just download a few things and try them out, if you like it enough, then buy the game, if not, erase it.  It's not going to hurt a soul, definitely harm your wallet a lot less avoiding buying turds some shark online wants $100+ for because -- greed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 12:20 AM, 0078265317 said:

But I don't know anybody with a rare collection

I think you've missed the joke here. Very few people have a rare collection, hence the name. I'm not going to get into this too much because everyone makes their own opinions and decisions, but here's the facts...

It would be nice if the SNES library was still available to buy on legit, new cartridges but that's not how it works. Nintendo are big business and are out to sell their current console and new games in the highest numbers. The SNES was three decades ago. People that will still pay good money for those cartridges are a small minority. They wouldn't sell very well, so they don't make them.

You can't buy what they're not selling. This kind of piracy isn't the same as illegally downloading new games that fund the future of the industry. The developers that made SNES games got paid for that in the 90s and making SNES games isn't a real job anymore. The industry made its money from the SNES when it was a current console and moved on as it needed to.

Buying used copies of SNES games is legal but none of that money goes back to the developers or companies that own those games. They don't gain or lose any money from that. Equally, they don't gain or lose money from people playing roms on an Everdrive.

Make your moral decisions accordingly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nokia3310 said:

I think you've missed the joke here. Very few people have a rare collection, hence the name. I'm not going to get into this too much because everyone makes their own opinions and decisions, but here's the facts...

It would be nice if the SNES library was still available to buy on legit, new cartridges but that's not how it works. Nintendo are big business and are out to sell their current console and new games in the highest numbers. The SNES was three decades ago. People that will still pay good money for those cartridges are a small minority. They wouldn't sell very well, so they don't make them.

You can't buy what they're not selling. This kind of piracy isn't the same as illegally downloading new games that fund the future of the industry. The developers that made SNES games got paid for that in the 90s and making SNES games isn't a real job anymore. The industry made its money from the SNES when it was a current console and moved on as it needed to.

Buying used copies of SNES games is legal but none of that money goes back to the developers or companies that own those games. They don't gain or lose any money from that. Equally, they don't gain or lose money from people playing roms on an Everdrive.

Make your moral decisions accordingly. 

Game developers care very much about aftermarket game sales. That's the main driving force behind digital content. Epic Game Studio even during the X360 era stated how much they hated used video game sales because they didn't see a dime in revenue from it.

So, make no mistake, they care very much about the old used video game market. They in fact hate it.

12 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Game developers care very much about aftermarket game sales. That's the main driving force behind digital content. Epic Game Studio even during the X360 era stated how much they hated used video game sales because they didn't see a dime in revenue from it.

So, make no mistake, they care very much about the old used video game market. They in fact hate it.

I see that but this applies to people spending money on new consoles. Digital downloads of back catalogue stuff on new consoles aren't the product that retro gamers are out to buy. It falls into the microtransaction market as it does.

It's much like music and vinyl purists. Record companies aren't losing sales to the vinyl collectors if a release isn't still available on vinyl anymore. Those are sales they'll never make to those people unless they re-release that music on vinyl again. Meanwhile, those collectors are buying used copies on vinyl any way they can. That's the product they want for the hardware they love. 

'You can't buy what they're not selling' is a phrase I use to best explain this stuff. It applies to game cartridges, vinyls and even vegetarian food. I remember being in KFC and two women walking out because they couldn't buy a vegetarian meal. Until KFC offer better options than corn on the cob with fries, vegetarians will buy their food elsewhere. 

• Like 1

To the OP, I recently picked up Kirby's Dream Course on the cheap which I never played back in the day and really enjoy playing it. It's more a top down crazy golf game than a Kirby game you'd expect. Highly recommended for something different.

I still play Super Off Road alot on my SNES, such a great game.

Edited by Tetlee
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:17 PM, Frozone212 said:

well, not too easy. I'm into platformers and shooters and of course TETRIS! No fighting games (Combo's are hard to pull off as is and i Lack friends to play with)

ABSOLUTELY NO LJN!

well, plug away. Note that I am NTSC and have no interest in Japanese consoles/games.

Cheers from Lodi :)

https://everdrive.me/cartridges/fxpak-pro.html

There you go man..20% off on sale. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here are some lesser-mentionned suggestions!

Operation Logic Bomb (overhead shooter)

Soldier of Fortune (overhead shooter ONLY if you can do 2P coop)

Realm (shooter platformer)

Kid Klown in Crazy Chase (Kwirky Arcadey)

Tin Star (lightgun/crosshair shooter)
Super Tennis

Smartball (platformer)

Super Return of the Jedi (the easier of the 3)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...