IGNORED

TRS-80 coco2 custom rom?

Divarin

Hey all, I just picked up a coco2 which is working but in serious need to cosmetic work not to mention cleaning.

The first thing I noticed was that someone had stuck some adapter on the RF plug to connect up a screw-on type coax cable and it's either stuck real well or soldered or glued or something I couldn't get it off.  So I had to stick on the reverse of that in order to connect it to my setup (although I'm sure if I hunt around my house I could find a coax)

But the more interesting thing is this rom (at least I assume this is a rom, I've never owned a coco before except for an MC-10).  Anyway it clearly isn't original as it has too many pins to even fit in the socket.

When I start it up instead of "under license from microsoft" it says "under license from tonysoft?"

Any idea what this rom is?  I couldn't find anything.  If it's just some guy named tony that just made a custom rom only to change the text "microsoft" to "tonysoft?" that would be weird.  I'm hoping to dig up more info on this rom and curious what other changes it has over the stock rom.

104_0121.JPG

104_0122.JPG

104_0123.JPG