IGNORED

Pedra! (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

8 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

This game looks really good! Congratulations to the developer, Ian, for completing the game and releasing it on the Atari VCS.

Since I recently discovered that I’m receiving an Atari VCS for Christmas, I plan on making Pedra! one of the first games I buy for the system. 

Many thanks @ColecoGamer for your kind words.  It was a long road to get Pedra onto the VCS but I'm so glad it made it and players such as you are, or will be, enjoying it.  Game development can be an unforgiving love sometimes and reading comments like your keeps me wanting to carry on.  I'm already working on my next game for the VCS - hopefully early next year it will get a release.  Stay tuned!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I bought this as well. It’s very challenging and very interesting. I have rarely played a game where spatial reasoning is so important (until you upgrade anyway).

I did run into a problem (maybe?). I scored several scores that should have put me on the global leaderboard, but no such luck. Am I doing something wrong?

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I bought this as well. It’s very challenging and very interesting. I have rarely played a game where spatial reasoning is so important (until you upgrade anyway).

I did run into a problem (maybe?). I scored several scores that should have put me on the global leaderboard, but no such luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks @jgkspsx for the purchase!  A few people have mentioned about turning the controller to a 45 degree angle anti-clockwise before playing (for the classic controller anyway) which has helped them play it.  I played a LOT of isometric 3D games back in the day so I'm used to this kind of orientation.  Do you recall what position you reached in the leaderboard and what name you put in?  I can try and take a look to see what's happened to it.

3 hours ago, Ian Weeks said:

Do you recall what position you reached in the leaderboard and what name you put in?  I can try and take a look to see what's happened to it.

I scored 4000 some and entered my username from here. Is it possible I played a mode that does not allow for ranked scores?

D1A86304-6379-4D44-AB51-B76E71221319.thumb.jpeg.89028afe05b861a241f0bc3278366c4f.jpeg

8 hours ago, Ian Weeks said:

Thanks @jgkspsx for the purchase!  A few people have mentioned about turning the controller to a 45 degree angle anti-clockwise before playing (for the classic controller anyway) which has helped them play it.  I played a LOT of isometric 3D games back in the day so I'm used to this kind of orientation.  Do you recall what position you reached in the leaderboard and what name you put in?  I can try and take a look to see what's happened to it.

I personally call it "Qbert style" and it definitely helped me a lot. :)

• Thanks 1