IGNORED

More stupid Apple IIc Plus questions

KG7PFS

Sorry to annoy you with stuff like this - I'm sure the answers are out there somewhere - but when multiple search engines don't help, it's time to bother the experts.

You did know that you're experts, right?

Ok, the dumbest question first: old-computers.com claims there was a 256 color upgrade for the IIc Plus released in 1989. I actually found a mistake on the site once, so I wonder if this is another one. But if not, where do I get this upgrade?

According to multiple internet sources, Apple's RAM upgrade for the IIc will work in the IIc Plus if I replace the PAL chip. Where do I get the replacement PAL chip?

A VGA card, Second Sight, was released for the standard Apple II line, but it needs a slot. No idea about anything like that for the IIc+ so I reckon it was a mistake on their part. Though if such a weird, wild product does exist, I'd be curious to know more.

No idea about the PAL, but the a2heaven.com website sells an affordable RAM upgrade for the IIc+ that I personally own. It works great.

Edited by DeathAdderSF

2 minutes ago, DeathAdderSF said:

A VGA card, Second Sight, was released for the standard Apple II line, but it needs a slot. No idea about anything like that for the IIc+ so I reckon it was a mistake on their part. Though if such a weird, wild product does exist, I'd be curious to know more.

No idea about the PAL, but the a2heaven.com website sells an affordable RAM upgrade for the IIc+ that I personally own. It works great.

This would have to be a chip upgrade of some kind. I don't know if it's even possible. I hope so.

I know about a2heaven but would prefer a classic board. The new reproduction stuff works just as well, but it's just not the same.

I thought the problem was that the IIc-specific RAM upgrades don't physically fit in the IIc+ due to motherboard design changes, necessitating purchase of an upgrade specifically designed for the IIc+.

Anyway if no one here can solve it for you, perhaps ask on a site like applefritter.com or some such.