AlanD Posted March 10, 2002 Share Posted March 10, 2002 Ok I need some help. I found a really good compression routine for the C64. The compressor is on the PC and the decompressor is in ASM for C64. It looks very feasible to use this but I have been trying to set it up and it'll only decompress about 4 bytes until it goes stupid and starts spewing garbage I'm not sure where I am going wrong here. Can anyone that is better at ASM than I am take a quick look at this program and see what they think? I talked to the original programmer so I know it does need to run out of RAM since it self-modifies. I would be glad to chat on the developers board about it and see what we can work out on it. The address for the program is Pucrunch. Also the designer said I was trying to do something similar to what he did with his Vimm demo in the Vicpic part. Address for info on this is Vimm. This is a major stumbling block for me and the further progress of Adventure 2. I have spent a week fighting with this. I would post the code I was using but it would be nasty spaghetti code because the original program is DASM and I use TASM and I put a lot of it in as .byte includes so would be useless for error detecting. At this point it would be better to get a fresh start and some help. Thanks again, AlanD Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.