IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 16 - Bump-N-Jump Smash Up - SPECIAL SCORING

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 16)

Bump-N-Jump Smash Up - SPECIAL SCORING

Bump_N_Jump.jpg.e4d069c096bfe93f44b0b05dc7fb75e2.jpg

Bump-N-Jump by Mattel 1983 / Data East 1982

Bump 'em and jump 'em! Blast 'em and crash 'em. Send cars screeching off the road! Watch out for obstacles and tricky turns. Peel down the road, but don't total your car. Bump and jump your way to tougher and tougher roadways. Go for a high score!

bump_n_jump.gif.c5112895d00fe9e7cccde5feeae3cfa5.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21477/intellivision/Bump-N-Jump-1982-83-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Bump-N-Jump

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SPECIAL SCORING - SO NO HSC RECORD - BONUS POINTS ONLY AWARDED FOR PERFECT SCORE OF 99,998 POINTS

Game Settings

PRESS DISC (1 PLAYER)

Game Objective

Bump, jump and smash as many cars as possible. Score as much points up to the perfect cap score of 99,998 points. This game has SPECIAL SCORING. Meaning you are permitted to get one and ONLY one 50k scoring bonus. After that one you then have to smash all the cars you can to get the most points up to 99,998 which for this contest is the maximum because it counts in even scores. Any score over 99,998 points will be disqualified for this Special Scoring contest. (THE SCORING CAP RULE HAS BEEN AMENDED SEE BELOW - POST #14).

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. Score the maximum score of 99,998 points and get +5 BONUS POINTS for getting the perfect score. 

Contest Ends
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 14TH, 2021 - 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(BEST SCORES)

148,880 (L2) - gezkc [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE]

131,260 (L2) - mark griff [+12]

84,520 (L1) - Rickster8 [+11]

-----------------------------

65,264 (L1) - lupovax [+9]

54,888 (L1)- fakecortex [+8]

14,988 (L1) - roadrunner [+7]

Overall Rankings

After Mission X

1 Rickster8 251
2 Mark Griff 186
3 gezkc 179
4 lupovax 158
5 Sprazzi 140
6 wolfy62 94
7 mr_me 91
8 IntyFanMatt 75
9 gar0u 57
10 fakecortex 50
11 ed1475 31
12 gavvv 23
13 roadrunner 22
14 CParsley 15
15 Gernot 13
16 Ace24 12
17 RogerPoco 11
18 t0spmad 10
19 jblenkle 7
20 JacobZu7zu7 5

Games Won

7 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4 / Horse Racing / Dracula

6 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion / Horse Racing / Nova Blast / Mission X

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

2 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor / Utopia

2 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon / Horse Racing

2 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD / Horse Racing

2 gavvv - BurgerTime / Diner

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Sneak Preview: 

Season Finale - Auto Racing EXTRAVAGANZA

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 1

My 1st Smash and Crash Entry - One 50,000 bonus (1 is allowed) and the rest was smash 'em up (29,360).... The game is sooooooooooo much funner playing it this way.... I like the revenge aspect of smashing the tar spreader and that skull and cross bones truck.... ??

BNJ SPECIAL SCORING - 79,360 POINTS!!!

BNJSMASHUP(79360)HSC15.thumb.jpg.c3717152afed802ceb43ce9171820212.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mr_me said:

Why not just have the maximum score 50k (or whatever the bonus score is after roadway one).  That way we can start crashing cars right away.

You CAN smash cars right away if you want too. Then just get the no car smash bonus later if you want... ??‍♂️

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the scoring in this! 

Why is there a limit of 99,998 pts? I realise you don't want people to get more than one 50,000 bonus for not bumping any cars, but you can still score over 100,000 points in a game by just bumping cars after that. There's no limit to the scoring as far as I can see. 

Or are you limiting the game to just two seasons/roadways - a clear run followed by one of bumping cars? ?

Edited by gezkc

50 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the scoring in this! 

Why is there a limit of 99,998 pts? I realise you don't want people to get more than one 50,000 bonus for not bumping any cars, but you can still score over 100,000 points in a game by just bumping cars after that. There's no limit to the scoring as far as I can see. 

Or are you limiting the game to just two seasons/roadways - a clear run followed by one of bumping cars? ?

Well it's a Special Scoring run. Like Pitfall GOLD had a cap so does this game... It gives the user a chance to play some the traditional way AND also the smash up way. It combines the two... Yes I realize it's possible to score over 100,000, but playing this way it's pretty tough.. I had a pretty good game and still fell 15k short of the 99,998 cap score..... I also want to insure that only one 50k bonus is used, because playing the game with just that bonus is NOT very fun.... ?

Also nailing 99,998 perfectly gets a BIG bonus pts reward...... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah OK - I see what you're doing, though it's a slightly strange way to play the game - I guess you've just got to crash your remaining cars once you get to the score limit!i

(One alternative way to do this would be to ask people to take a photo of their screen after the second roadway pitstop (regardless of lives left).

Top score wins - any scores of 100,000 are disqualified).

Anyway, I'll give it a try and see how close to the limit I can get. Hitting 99,998pts exactly does sound pretty impossible! ? 

Okay why don't we do this? If a player scores over 100k playing smash and crash then that specific player then 'levels up' to now have a new cap of 149,998. Players will start with the original cap of 99,998 until they max out and then they level up to the new cap. Rules on the 50k bonus stay the same, still only one allowed then it's all smash and crash. Clearly these players will level up, gezkc is practically already there and I know for a fact that mr_me and CParsley are both incredible at this game. I expect them both to level up (if Chris plays).. I ask that players commit to just taking one 50k bonus regardless of what level they are at. Everybody will start off at LEVEL 1 until they advance then that specific player will be a LEVEL 2 and so on. 

Right now everyone is at LEVEL 1. Once scores come in that are higher than 99,998 then those players will level up. So now we will have a revolving door cap out. @mr_me @gezkc

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 1

Games Won Update:

7 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4 / Horse Racing / Dracula

6 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion / Horse Racing / Nova Blast / Mission X

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

2 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor / Utopia

2 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon / Horse Racing

2 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD / Horse Racing

2 gavvv - BurgerTime / Diner

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Overall Rankings

After Mission X

1 Rickster8 251
2 Mark Griff 186
3 gezkc 179
4 lupovax 158
5 Sprazzi 140
6 wolfy62 94
7 mr_me 91
8 IntyFanMatt 75
9 gar0u 57
10 fakecortex 50
11 ed1475 31
12 gavvv 23
13 roadrunner 22
14 CParsley 15
15 Gernot 13
16 Ace24 12
17 RogerPoco 11
18 t0spmad 10
19 jblenkle 7
20 JacobZu7zu7 5

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

I don't think I'm going to get any closer than this!

Bump n Jump Special Scoring: 99,932

DSC_1449.JPG

Not sure you saw, but if you go over now playing smash and crash you will level up and have a new cap of 149,998..... ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Not sure you saw, but if you go over now playing smash and crash you will level up and have a new cap of 149,998..... ?

Thanks Rick. I did see that, but the hard part is getting the exact score. When you get close to 149,998, you have the same problem as you have at 99,998 so you might as well just try to get to that figure.

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

Thanks Rick. I did see that, but the hard part is getting the exact score. When you get close to 149,998, you have the same problem as you have at 99,998 so you might as well just try to get to that figure.

You don't have to get the exact score, that's probably close to impossible. Just play smash and crash (1 50k bonus) and if you go over 100k you will level up to the 149,998 cap..... ?