IGNORED

Can anyone translate what theses guys are saying? (Also, name that game!)

Mik's Arcade

Anyone have any idea what these dudes are saying?

Anyone else know what this obscure 1980 SNK shoot'em is? For some reason I just love playing it.  :)

Also, if anyone's curious as to why I really want to know, I'm about 80% done making an Intellivision port of it and might try to put the English text on the screen.

kanji.jpg

boss.png

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

It looks like Sasuke vs. Commander but even someone reading Japanese would have a hard time deciphering such ridiculously small text.

Yeah if it could at least be pixel-to-pixel, you could get enough idea of the strokes to swipe them into Google Translate.  But all I see are blobs.

Got a closer look at the arcade itself.  The dude in red who throws flames says "It's the ninja art of flame!"  If you've watched Naruto, "ninja art" is always left untranslated as "jutsu".

The other one seems to be calling it something like "The Flying Dragon Sword jutsu", though even on the arcade screen there's a character that sorta looks like Q*Bert which kinda sorta looks like "sword" if you squint hard enough.

Anyway, the last 3 characters always seem to be the same.  の術だ! is the "It's the ___ jutsu!" part.

Edited by ChildOfCv
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

Got a closer look at the arcade itself.  The dude in red who throws flames says "It's the ninja art of flame!"  If you've watched Naruto, "ninja art" is always left untranslated as "jutsu".

The other one seems to be calling it something like "The Flying Dragon Sword jutsu", though even on the arcade screen there's a character that sorta looks like Q*Bert which kinda sorta looks like "sword" if you squint hard enough.

Anyway, the last 3 characters always seem to be the same.  の術だ! is the "It's the ___ jutsu!" part.

thank you so much.....they are all introducing their magic attack......makes sense!

I find this game very charming for some reason....I love it!!!  It has a very fun personality