IGNORED

ATARI 800 GameBases +GamePacks – Links Working 2021

DFELD2005

After a lot of Google searching and Forum reading, I compiled this series of web-links that are working as of 11/01/2021.

GameBase-Universal Emulator Frontend

GameBase - Universal Emulator frontend and Database Utility (bu22.com)

(current version is 1.3, 2010)

Atari-XL GameBase 2021 (by mad)

Atari XL GameBase 2021 : .mad. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Gamebase Atari800 (version 12, 2015) (by hardmanm)

Index of /stuff/collections/Gamebase Atari800/version 12 (pigwa.net)

Atari 800 Best GamePack (version 1.20 beta 3,  2014) (by starwindz)

https://atari800.tistory.com/category/Download

(Download version 1.10  at same site, then merge as indicated)  This is a free-standing database; not using GameBase)

Demobase Atari 800 (2010) (by Sjakie43 & mad)

Demobase Atari 800 : Sjakie43 & Mad : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

For my working installation, I installed everything inside D:\GAMEBASE. Then use GBToolbox.exe to edit the .ini files for each database.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to save some possible hassle, the Best Gamepack is no longer being updated and hasn't been for some time, both myself and Starwindz became very busy for different reasons (he travels a hell of a lot as part of his job in South Korea for one thing..) It is a lovely thing with some really nice features by Starwindz but it's showing it's age :)

The best choice is the .mad created Gamebase XL, it's almost current (within a month or so) and has the most content. The demobase is also a nice choice as the demos are not in the other packs. The only thing is that it's quite old but pretty much all the classic demos are in there, but there are newer bits that are not...

I would not recommend downloading

Gamebase Atari800 (version 12, 2015) (by hardmanm).

The Atari-XL GameBase 2021 is version 14 of that very same GameBase.

It will only duplicte the Game and Extras collection on your hard drive, while missing all the fixes and updates.

But collectors got to collect. ;)

• Haha 1

Again as per .mads post, this is just an older version of what he has released so only get it if you are a raving mad collector because you will just be getting most of the same files and none of the improvements. Nice to have the fresh links list so well done Doug.

• 4 weeks later...

HOMESOFT DISCS LISTED IN ATARI GAMEBASES?

Thank you to everyone who contributed to all these excellent GameBases over the last 10 years. And, Thank You to everyone who responded to this discussion. In my cautious efforts to cut down on my Atari 800 hoarding instincts, I discovered GameBases Atari800 v1.2 and Atari800 v1.3 include many of the Homesoft disc images.  Atari800 v1.2 includes 001-413 and Atari800 v1.3 includes 000-437.

It appears maintaining Atari800 v1.3 is sufficient to satisfy my hoarding habits.

However, I find that GameBase Atari-XL (aka v1.4?) does not include any of the HomeSoft disc images?

The GameBase software does allow the user to manually add new game entries to their database. I will try adding the newer Homesoft discs (438-462) to my local installation of Atari800 v1.3.  Then I will try adding a simple screen-capture (.png file) of the disc contents (from the Homesoft GAMES.TXT file) to the screenshots -> homesoft subdirectory.

I am curious if other GameBase fanatics have tried adding / manipulating their local installations?

GAMEBASE PROJECT FOR HOMESOFT DISK IMAGES

I recently discovered “Mikes Page” website with Atari-Archive software for download. This software can be used for automated creation of a simplified GameBase for Atari 800.  The weblink for the Atari-Archive software is:  http://www.purmike.de/documents/atariarchiv.html

All currently available Homesoft Disk Images can be downloaded in one zip file at this weblink:

http://mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?dl=FAI

Attached is my curated collection of screenshots that match each Homesoft Disk Image

screenshots.rar

Edited by DFELD2005
  • Like 2

You are correct. The Atari Archive program functions more like a file selection database. The user can apply any emulator software they desire. The software can accept around 12 different Atari file formats (and zip and rar). The software can accept about 12 different picture formats. The Atari file is not linked to the picture file. The database simply displays lists in alpha-numeric order. 

Here are 2 screen shots. I wish the ATR view would simultaneously show the related screenshot in the right panel. But the ATR and PNG views are separate.

The file date of the atariarchive.exe software is 2016. I am not sure there is any further development of this project.

(The Atari archive mdb database does not function within the GameBase environment.)

ATR View.png

Screenshot View.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2021 at 5:41 PM, DFELD2005 said:

GAMEBASE PROJECT FOR HOMESOFT DISK IMAGES

I recently discovered “Mikes Page” website with Atari-Archive software for download. This software can be used for automated creation of a simplified GameBase for Atari 800.  The weblink for the Atari-Archive software is:  http://www.purmike.de/documents/atariarchiv.html

ALL "Mikes" HomeSoft cracked files are included in the v14 GameBase.

The additional menu compilation disks were removed in favour of the seperate XEX files from those disks.

It was an easy decission to make, as i noticed the games are frequently updated/fixed and moved around on the compilation disks.

so it's not just a case of adding new "higher number" disks to the gamebase as and when when they are released.

This also means the menu screenshots need re snapping for every updated disk.

but i do like every gamedatabase program. ;)

Edited by .mad.
add
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...