IGNORED

we need a 'fixed' Dark Chambers.

leech

So was playing Dark Chambers on the 7800 last night, got all the way to level X... and then died because I couldn't figure out how to use the bombs/potions.

Then couldn't help but think the sprites they use on the game are just odd... a pyramid > potion > bone pile > white box > blue box for generator levels?  Every time I play, I forget that a blue potion is a generator...

Anyhow a Dark Chambers : Recharged with more RPG elements and maybe more randomization would be phenomenal on the VCS!

• Like 3

Yes, a great game.
The potions you use automatically when you need them, but avoid the ones with the X which are poison.
The bombs, are just on the B button. Easily confused with apples, but they won't give you any health. ?
Also, the heart to revive the 2nd player is a great feature, and how it turns into a spawner if misused.

Downloading the full manual is well worth it, if nothing else, for the back-story. ?

The other night, a friend and I played through A-Z, and then on to F on the next level. Easier after we realised
the apples were bombs, as I'd totally forgotten that. It's a game, like the new Recharged games, we'll return to.

A Dark Chambers: Recharged would indeed be a great choice, but far deeper than the arcade experiences to-date.
A homebrew remake of this is certainly also possible, and I'd definitely go for that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, justclaws said:

Yes, a great game.
The potions you use automatically when you need them, but avoid the ones with the X which are poison.
The bombs, are just on the B button. Easily confused with apples, but they won't give you any health. ?
Also, the heart to revive the 2nd player is a great feature, and how it turns into a spawner if misused.

Downloading the full manual is well worth it, if nothing else, for the back-story. ?

The other night, a friend and I played through A-Z, and then on to F on the next level. Easier after we realised
the apples were bombs, as I'd totally forgotten that. It's a game, like the new Recharged games, we'll return to.

A Dark Chambers: Recharged would indeed be a great choice, but far deeper than the arcade experiences to-date.
A homebrew remake of this is certainly also possible, and I'd definitely go for that.

Hmmm, B button was just shooting for me.  Tested the gamepad and it was indeed pushing the B button.  So not sure what was going on.