IGNORED

Factory Reset New JagSD

cubeboy

I think I may have messed up a firmware upgrade (v1.11), as after the upgrade, everything I load goes to a red jag screen. I tried to use the original firmware.upd file from 210108, which attempted to update the firmware, but still the red jag screen. I attempted to update the firmware to the 210413 release, and the same thing. Everything worked before I tried this upgrade. I have tried a different memory card, and cleaning the contacts.

Is it possible that the firmware update failed, and if so, is there a "hard reset" option to get this back to the factory settings? I saw posts about renaming to firmware.upd to firmware.ovr, but that just brings me straight to the QR screen. Not sure if that is meant for the older carts or not.

****EDIT****

I got this back up and running. I'm not sure if this is an official downgrade/upgrade process, but

1) I placed the 210413 firmware update in the root, and it updated as normal

2) I selected OPTION during boot-up, and downloaded the firmware update from that specific direct link. Placed that update on the root of the SD, and that worked.

I think I had an old firmware upgrade link saved in my browser, and whatever version I downloaded might have messed things up

Edited by cubeboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1