IGNORED

Jet Grind Radio and Unreal Tournament Issues?

thegenerallee86

I have been having trouble getting them to work on my Dreamcast and here is what I have done: Cleaned Laser eye Multiple times along with the discs, Unplugged console and plugged it back in, Today had a local store Resurface the discs even though they had no scratches on them and he even said they were in Good condition with no scratches, tried changing the laser potentiometer thingy with slight change but only it keeps trying to read Unreal Tournament and keeps spinning and stops at the Dreamcast boot logo, and Jet Grind still keeps reading but always stops at the Sega Copyright logo and does not go any farther. All of my other games play fine including Shenmue as well! Anyone have any other Ideas?

Try turning the console on its side... 

But more than likely your laser is going out. The DC is the ONLY consoles I've owned that I haven't that happen with. I've been through 3 DCs over the past 20 years now. I've got a black sports model I use now but installed a MODE into it so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

17 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

It is possible to set the laser too high and burn it out yes. You are only so supposed to make very small tiny adjustments to the left and right of where it started as it doesn't take much to adjust them. 

Yeah I ended up ordering another drive for it and another Dreamcast too so hopefully the drive will work cause it is a V1 Dreamcast and I believe a launch console to cause it say Aug 1999.

19 minutes ago, thegenerallee86 said:

Yeah I ended up ordering another drive for it and another Dreamcast too so hopefully the drive will work cause it is a V1 Dreamcast and I believe a launch console to cause it say Aug 1999.

Easy enough to know if it is a launch DC by taking off that top cover shell. If you have a meal shroud and heatsink assembly through the thing, it an early model. 

I use a later made Sports edition in my setup.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:49 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

Easy enough to know if it is a launch DC by taking off that top cover shell. If you have a meal shroud and heatsink assembly through the thing, it an early model. 

I use a later made Sports edition in my setup.

Well I ended up buying a second Dreamcast and it is definitely a launch console and it is V0 one as well, so now I have both V1 and V0 Dreamcast but now I know it is the disc not the console because it also does not play on it but all of the other Games I have play fine! Oh well at lease I know now.