IGNORED

Keystone Koppers [Done]

Muddyfunster

I had a chance to try this on @mvo's 7800, and it looks and plays great! It feels very polished already. I saw the same Concerto-specific visual glitches on the title and intermission screens, but haven't experienced any sound glitches,

This isn't a title I played on the 2600, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit! I like how the difficulty ramps, so it's very beginner-friendly.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 4:41 AM, adam242 said:

This looks and plays fantastic! One of the best classic Activision games that didn't get the proper 7800 treatment. Very well done!

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Karl G said:

I had a chance to try this on @mvo's 7800, and it looks and plays great! It feels very polished already. I saw the same Concerto-specific visual glitches on the title and intermission screens, but haven't experienced any sound glitches,

This isn't a title I played on the 2600, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit! I like how the difficulty ramps, so it's very beginner-friendly.

Thanks Karl, I loved the 2600 version, for the 2600 it was truly an excellent game.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:24 AM, saxmeister said:

An amazing job! This is incredible. If only this had been available back in the day... Great work. You are inspiring me to try my hand at some dev work now.

Thank you! Getting into 7800 development couldn't be easier with Atari Dev Studio - which includes the fantastic 7800Basic. 

• Like 3

Just tried this a bit ago on my CC2 (when I remembered there were more banking files to try).

Ran great...  (Tho I ran out of time to really try it out...)

Love the POKEY detected screen...

Reminds me a LOT of a screen I saw on an Amiga game for extra RAM detected... (Leander???)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, desiv said:

Just tried this a bit ago on my CC2 (when I remembered there were more banking files to try).

Ran great...  (Tho I ran out of time to really try it out...)

Love the POKEY detected screen...

Reminds me a LOT of a screen I saw on an Amiga game for extra RAM detected... (Leander???)

Thanks, I think there were a bunch of Amiga games that had those detect screens and that's where I got the idea :) 

I think it might have been Lemmings that was the inspiration.

The detect screen also checks for Atari Vox / Save Key.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Any chance of porting the 5200/8-bit version of Pitfall II with the second level to the 7800? Always wanted to play that version on a proper console, but never wanted to bother with Owning a dreadful 5200 just for that one game.

It's not a project I plan to pick up but I think it could be done on the 7800. It's also not a game I'm that familiar with (or have much interest in) having only played the 2600 version in passing. 

I do have a lot of other interesting projects planned for next year once EXO and Keystone Kapers are done :) 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aking said:

I'm not sure if it is my pad's fault but i found the jump on KK to be laggy.

I have not experienced any jump lag with the following setups/configurations:

-Original console with the 7800 Proline controller or 6-button Sega Genesis gamepad via Edladdin adapter.

-A7800 emulator with keyboard or HotRod SE controller.

-MiSTer FPGA 7800 core with Saitek P880.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aking said:

Using dragonfly.

I have not had any issues playing the game on my 7800 with my DF. I was almost able to do a complete up to level 10 no death run just the other day in fact?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aking said:

Using dragonfly.

To echo what the other folks said, I've not noticed anything in testing (we had lots of setups and combinations) and there haven't been any other jump lag reports.

Does it happen all the time, or just in a certain place ?

Have you tried a different controller? 

Are you using an extender cord or adaptor ?

18 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

To echo what the other folks said, I've not noticed anything in testing (we had lots of setups and combinations) and there haven't been any other jump lag reports.

Does it happen all the time, or just in a certain place ?

Have you tried a different controller? 

Are you using an extender cord or adaptor ?

a modified nes controller , works great , will try other joysticks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aking said:

well.

tested other games ,

they all work well with my modified nes controller.

it's just KK7800 that has laggy jump with it

i'm sure it works fine with pain line joysticks , but with this it's unplayable

Can you somehow create video of this? I've been playing this on and off (Just streamed a full 10 level play last night in fact), and I've not noticed any lag with any of the controllers I've used with it. I've use my Epyx 500xj, my Retrogameboyz NES style controller, and my main controller these days.. The 'Brat' (Braawt) controller. I played the 2600 version a bunch when I was younger, and the jumping and overall movement feels nearly the same in this 7800 version to me. Only the timings of some of the obstacles is different but the rest feels pretty spot on to me.

I even do this thing where I not only jump onto the escalators so that I'm already halfway up it, but I also press jump before I'm off the escalator so that Office Kelly jumps off it when he gets to the top. I was really surprised to see that implemented in this version as well.

I still haven't managed to get a no death run on this yet. Last night I thought I was going to be able to pull it off but the elevator timings didn't go in my favor and I lost out twice due to lack of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aking said:

well.

tested other games ,

they all work well with my modified nes controller.

it's just KK7800 that has laggy jump with it

i'm sure it works fine with pain line joysticks , but with this it's unplayable

Do you have a different joystick to try it with for comparison purposes? At least then we would know if it's related to the custom controller or some other strange issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I even do this thing where I not only jump onto the escalators so that I'm already halfway up it, but I also press jump before I'm off the escalator so that Office Kelly jumps off it when he gets to the top. I was really surprised to see that implemented in this version as well.

I haven't experienced any lag with any of my controllers either.  I also use the same jump tactics as @-^CrossBow^- and they do, work well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I haven't experienced any lag with any of my controllers either.  I also use the same jump tactics as @-^CrossBow^- and they do, work well.

Triple that experience. :)

Especially this one:

9 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

:D

9 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I still haven't managed to get a no death run on this yet. Last night I thought I was going to be able to pull it off but the elevator timings didn't go in my favor and I lost out twice due to lack of time.

I came *thisclose*..  It was either level 9 or 10, and I choked; timed my duck too late, the ball nailed my forehead. :mad:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I also have not managed to fall through the escalator like Tanya seemed to have a knack for during the ZPH stream of this. I haven't really tried to either but it hasn't happened to me yet.

You literally have a 1 pixel window for when to start the jump to hit the "pass through" sweet spot. 

In my current (non-public) build, it's been "tanya proofed". :) 

The "double ball" hazard has had some adjustments too, so that it plays better and more consistently with other versions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

You literally have a 1 pixel window for when to start the jump to hit the "pass through" sweet spot. 

In the early builds (before ZeroPage livestream) I had it happen, but only a couple of times.  Tanya was able to make it happen, almost without trying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1