IGNORED

Don't know where else to share this, but I have to, because I am amazed

mozartpc27

So my son's first grade teacher mentioned in class that when she was young, the hot video game everyone wanted to play was Space Invaders. He came home asking about it, so I showed him a YouTube video of someone playing the original arcade game. A screen grab from it can be seen below on top. This morning, I had an appointment, so I asked him to busy himself by drawing a picture of Space Invaders. He did so, using a game called "Cabbage Patch Dolls Paint & Play," which was a cartridge for my old ColecoVision, which I still have hooked up. That is the one below. Remember, he saw Space Invaders exactly ONCE, yesterday, and drew this thing from memory on the ColecoVision this morning. The stars in the background are because of his familiarity with the Space Invaders clone in Gorf.  The aliens are different because, he wants me to tell you, they are from Gorf.

file-20180531-69508-1oenzpj.png

Harlan Space Invaders(1).jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mozartpc27 said:

drew this thing from memory

Yes my kids brought home artwork to me many times from school from games they had seen me play. Sometimes I didn't think had even watched enough to draw it the next day at school. ?

• 4 months later...