IGNORED

Where to buy in europe?

Absalon

It's not released outside north America and Australasia yet. European release was planned for summer 2021 but with supply chain issues I suppose Atari wanted to keep supplies for USA first.

It's best to contact Atari directly to ask.

Although those of us from around the world, mostly Europe I think, who have one, can use it as expected* we all bought them either from Atari via the Indiegogo campaign or pre-orders at that time, or via the 2nd hand market.

A shocking (to me).number of people bought them in Europe only with the plan to sell them boxed as new, for a profit. (Thus there was a limited supply of new unopened systems this year to-date on eBay and local European sales sites. This is now no longer the case mostly.)

*I wrote users around the world can use the VCS as intended, but there is a French user on a Pacific island (as I recall) who says his network service is blocked. Such things can be a risk of importing directly and also warranty returns become much more complex.

• Thanks 1

A few of my friends have been on the look out for the VCS here in the UK after playing my unit and are in the same situation and looking to purchase one ASAP. I noticed 2 fully boxed and sealed systems on eBay last week both collector’s edition and tried i to snap them up for my friends but unfortunately unless the seller is reasonable with the price and it’s a buy it now, the bidding can get extremely high! I’m sure both units sold for around the £450 price point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, justclaws said:

It's not released outside north America and Australasia yet. European release was planned for summer 2021 but with supply chain issues I suppose Atari wanted to keep supplies for USA first.

It's best to contact Atari directly to ask.

Although those of us from around the world, mostly Europe I think, who have one, can use it as expected* we all bought them either from Atari via the Indiegogo campaign or pre-orders at that time, or via the 2nd hand market.

A shocking (to me).number of people bought them in Europe only with the plan to sell them boxed as new, for a profit. (Thus there was a limited supply of new unopened systems this year to-date on eBay and local European sales sites. This is now no longer the case mostly.)

*I wrote users around the world can use the VCS as intended, but there is a French user on a Pacific island (as I recall) who says his network service is blocked. Such things can be a risk of importing directly and also warranty returns become much more complex.

I LOVE seeing VCS-800…being extremely serious…because that is my connotation as well. 

As for my Original ATARI VCS…I usually now refer to it as my VCS-2600. 

• Like 1

Another one has showed up on eBay UK today, it’s the non collectors edition boxed with the classic and modern controller!. I made 3 best offers on it hoping to snag it up as a buy it now for a friend, all offers rejected!. I went as high as £425 in an offer as my friends is desperate for one but the offer was shot down instantly. I think untill Atari launch the console here it’s going to be a nightmare getting one for a fair price! I’m so glad I backed it and have my collectors edition. I guess it’s back to the search may have to put a wanted add up on here lol .. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Another one has showed up on eBay UK today, it’s the non collectors edition boxed with the classic and modern controller!. I made 3 best offers on it hoping to snag it up as a buy it now for a friend, all offers rejected!. I went as high as £425 in an offer as my friends is desperate for one but the offer was shot down instantly. I think untill Atari launch the console here it’s going to be a nightmare getting one for a fair price! I’m so glad I backed it and have my collectors edition. I guess it’s back to the search may have to put a wanted add up on here lol .. 

I don’t know if you frequented the IGG forum…but us ATARI fans had to deal with so much from everywhere including the IGG Backers’ forum. ATARI delivered on their promise…a very high quality all around console/HTPC…it definitely paid off to be a Backer.

ATARI VCS-800 Collector’s Edition unit + 2 ? + 1 ?…$386 USD.

For me…it was definitely worth the wait & dealing with the naysayers…LOVE my new ATARI system. 

• Like 3

Also…that includes everything…shipping…everything…total outlay. 

FYI…check out Pluto TV…it is something that I never would have looked into…very cool extra for the living room(any room). And there is no need to sign-up…just can start watching the pretty extensive channel line-up…with music videos by the decades + channels on even single shows like “The Love Boat”…???.

Edit:  This is from someone with Big Comcast cable(USA)…with all it’s free On Demand content etc.

Edited by El Livo Cat
Clarification
  • Like 1

It’s great to hear another happy VCS owner out there enjoying the system!. The VCS has introduced me to a few games and apps I would never have been interested in before with the latest being X cloud. I normally prefer the game running on actual hardware but I’ve really been enjoying the streaming services on the VCS as I have a good internet connection at home it’s definitely my most used console in the household and I pretty much own everything out there be it modern or retro. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

It’s great to hear another happy VCS owner out there enjoying the system!. The VCS has introduced me to a few games and apps I would never have been interested in before with the latest being X cloud. I normally prefer the game running on actual hardware but I’ve really been enjoying the streaming services on the VCS as I have a good internet connection at home it’s definitely my most used console in the household and I pretty much own everything out there be it modern or retro. 

Yeah…Anstream Arcade was disparaged as a gimmick or “so that’s how ATARI will have games on their system”. Well…it’s an incredibly cool addition that I might never have used or even know about without it being part of my VCS-800. 

• Like 4

I personally bought it through the atarivcs.com store. To do this I created a postal address in the USA via Shipito.com which is great. From the receipt of the package they warn you and you then choose the method of delivery, declare yourself the price of the object to pay after vat. There is no customs tax in France on the import of console just the vat. It's pretty simple. And the USD/EUR exchange rate makes it possible to erase a large part of the VAT. In DHL transport I paid 70 USD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

I personally bought it through the atarivcs.com store. To do this I created a postal address in the USA via Shipito.com which is great. From the receipt of the package they warn you and you then choose the method of delivery, declare yourself the price of the object to pay after vat. There is no customs tax in France on the import of console just the vat. It's pretty simple. And the USD/EUR exchange rate makes it possible to erase a large part of the VAT. In DHL transport I paid 70 USD. 

Good to hear a true ATARI fan being able to get the new system “relatively” easy. 

• Like 2