IGNORED

Prince of Persia opening demo

JamesD

Paul Fiscarelli put this together
"For the folks who have been asking about it, here is the Prince of Persia demo I put together as part of my CoCoFEST! presentation this past weekend. I'm not certain if I'll take it any further than this demo - it was meant to be an example of what is possible with the set of tools I've been developing. I challenged myself to get this done in a week, and having those tools certainly made it easier to accomplish. It's roughly 365K of uncompressed data - compressed to fit on a (whole) single floppy disk. It also requires a CoCo3 with 512K - occupying all but two 8K pages of that memory space. I focused on getting it done in time for my presentation, so I did sacrifice abundant use of RAM in lieu of time. There are certainly areas where it can be further optimized for saving space - it would be ideal to fit the entire game on a single floppy. Also, for reference - the graphics, music, and 'sprites' were captured from the DOS VGA/SoundBlaster version of the game, which is my favorite rendition in the series. I know this game has been done on other 8-bit platforms (Apple, C64, and most recently Atari - all with smaller memory footprints), but my goal in a recreation of this game, would be as close to the DOS VGA version as possible. A special thanks to Simon Jonassen and Paul Thayer, who have been with me all along in building the utilities I used in the creation of this demo."
The video is on facebook and you may need to be a member of the group to view it
https://www.facebook.com/1217635384/videos/384408273425977/

• Like 1