IGNORED

Snake Snake for Mini Memory (a Nibbler Arcade Version in Assembly)

ti99iuc

Your screen capture doesn't include the ROM loading. Show me that. (Capture it after reset, before starting the game).

We can see that DSK1.SNAKEBX is loaded successfully, and for some reason the CPU jumped to FFE0, which is not likely valid. I don't know what it /should/ look like, of course.

Thanks for your help!

i can not resize the debug window to read all the info.

not as if i could understand it anyway. :)

i think it's best if i upload all the files i am using, for you to check on your side.

copy the disk, minimem roms and classic.ini file to the same folder as classic99.exe

run the emulator.

it will autotype the load commands.

see the crash.

select minimem from the apps menu (resets emulator)

select 1) BASIC

type CALL FILES(0)

OLD DSK1.SNAKEBX

RUN

see it work.

classic99-snake.zipcart.thumb.gif.6f9d9324d4def3aaa3974f387704abfe.gif

The problem is that you are loading 8k of ROM for the Minimemory, but there is actually only 4k. When you load ROM to a memory address, Classic99 flags that address as read-only, so loading 8k there flags the Minimemory's 4k of RAM as ROM, causing the crash.

There's no need to include the NV file... NVRAM files in Classic99 don't define hardware, they just load and save data. (So, if the Snake game saves high scores or something, you can include it, but SNAKEBX reloads the memory from disk at startup, so it's probably unneeded.)

You also have a blank ROM definition. I'm surprised it works, but I guess it's fine. ;)

Anyway, change the length of the MiniMemory ROM file to 4k and it works:

[usercart0]
rom0="C|6000|1000|MiniMemC.Bin"
rom1="G|6000|2000|MiniMemG.Bin"
rom2="K|0000|0000|xX1CALL FILES(0)\nOLD DSK1.SNAKEBX\nRUN\n"
name=Gamebase

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

i thought the 2nd value had to be the total size of the rom file.

the nvram value is still good to know, and can be included and re-saved when changed in any of the game zips that need it.

i only use rom 4 for the sendkeys and leave 2 and 3 blank because the emulator alows it. ;)

it makes it easier for a global script setting. 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, .mad. said:

Thanks!

i thought the 2nd value had to be the total size of the rom file.

the nvram value is still good to know, and can be included and re-saved when changed in any of the game zips that need it.

It does, but your ROM file is overdumped. The MiniMemory only has 4k of ROM. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tursi said:

It does, but your ROM file is overdumped. The MiniMemory only has 4k of ROM. :)

I am using your overdumped rom... :)

https://github.com/tursilion/classic99/tree/main/cartpack/roms

i did notice a problem with the NVRAM file in the cartpack.dll.

you have to select re-initialize to get anything to load with mm2dsk (Magic Places game).

it just gives out of memory errors.

i copied the data from this re-initialized file into the cartpack.dll and it works first time.

re-initialized-NVRAM.bin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, .mad. said:

Maybe, but I load it properly. ;) 

FWIW, don't call out that you are using my ROMs in other projects - I've specifically stated in the past that I don't appreciate that. Someone once published a for-real print book telling people to download my emulator and throw away everything but the ROM files (without bothering to tell me!), and I've never stopped being bitter about that. ;) Classic99 is not a reference library.

8 hours ago, .mad. said:

i did notice a problem with the NVRAM file in the cartpack.dll.

you have to select re-initialize to get anything to load with mm2dsk (Magic Places game).

it just gives out of memory errors.

By default the NVRAM file in the distribution has the LINES and Line-By-Line assembler programs loaded. So yeah, you need to delete them to load something else. But again, unless there's something you need to provide pre-loaded, don't bother including an NVRAM file. The memory will be zeroed and unless your gamebase title saves something there for next time, there's no value to making it non-volatile.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tursi said:

Someone once published a for-real print book telling people to download my emulator and throw away everything but the ROM files

🚮;)

Sorry, just kidding!:evil:

I've been pulling good stuff out of the garbage since I was about 7.💎

P.S. Once, while still a young man, I found a copy of Debbie-Does-Dallas(near Canal street).:o

So, pretty good timing!!!:)

3 hours ago, Tursi said:

Well, that was back when I paid for bandwidth, so I was a little ticked

Bandwidth notwithstanding, the book's suggestion is a total dick-head move.  There are plenty of places to obtaib illicit ROMs for the TI, one of which should not include licensed work.

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Bandwidth notwithstanding, the book's suggestion is a total dick-head move.  There are plenty of places to obtaib illicit ROMs for the TI, one of which should not include licensed work.

That was an official O'Reilly book, too. I can't remember if I wrote them a sternly worded letter, I meant to. ;)