IGNORED

What's your "daily driver"?

hizzy

I have a few Atari's by now. I have a modded Vader, a 4-switch woody and a recapped 6-switch. I've got two 7800's, too. The one that I keep going back to is the 6-switch. I find it has the best picture quality and I like having the difficulty switches on the front of the console. What's your go to Atari for everyday use? Are you a 6-switcher, too? Share your favorites! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bomberman94 said:

I like it pure and un-modified - so my mainly used Atari is my light 6-switch (great picture on CRT - prior to my 4-switch). Looking for heavy 6-switch but difficult to get as a PAL machine ?

I hear ya!  I have one of each type of 2600 in my collection.  I only have a couple modded consoles, but the heavy's are and will always remain un-modified.

Heavy's.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hizzy said:

4-switchers seem to be getting a lot of love. Any reason? Is it the system that most people had in their youth?

I think its because there are so many available.  I purchased mine back in 2001.  It was my 1st Atari console. 

• Like 1

I've been using the At Games handheld most of the time these days (waiting for food to cook, or my wife to be ready for something, usually), but still use my trusty 7800 at my desk when desiring a more authentic experience, or when playing a paddle game.

I have several other options, but really never use them; I'm pretty sure most of those will eventually be turned loose on the world, probably shortly before the next time I move.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I hear ya!  I have one of each type of 2600 in my collection.  I only have a couple modded consoles, but the heavy's are and will always remain un-modified.

Heavy's.jpg

I'm with you on this. I have one of each of those beauties myself.

• Like 2