IGNORED

Gacek from ABBUC 2021

shanti77

Congratulations!

Bomb Jack for 64k (PAL) machines, this is a wish come true!

And even if NTSC requires 128k RAM, it is less than the other Bomb Jack that requires min. 320k RAM (or Corina cart.).

And I really like the fluid gameplay and the difficulty, I could play four or five screens without any problem (whereas in the 320k Bomb Jack I rarely made it past the first screen, one of the reasons I rarely play the Bomb Jake cart.).

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:05 PM, shanti77 said:

Unexpectedly today the results of the ABBUC 2021 competition were announced. So I can share my game, which took 1st place. 

The game requires an Atari with 64K RAM and a PAL system.

gacek.xex 32.39 kB · 132 downloads

Congrats on winning the title for best game, I'm just a bit bummed out that we Americans can't get in on this due to it being only for PAL machines (NTSC XEGS owner here in Port Townsend, WA) :( , I would love to take my shot at it and review this ABBUC-award-winning port on The Atari Report real soon!!!! :) 

Thanks,

Ray Jackson

AtariAge user ID: BIGHMW

Host of The Atari Report

18 hours ago, ALEXANDER said:

Shanti77 !! you are awesome ! Thanks a lot.

In your honor a video of your game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKlVLYuEZw4&t=64s

Here is the vid right here, I have already downloaded it and hopefully she'll work here in The States on my XEGS so I can review this award-winning port on the 8-bit edition of The Atari Report

Hey @shanti77, she works on my XEGS and I use an Ultimate Cart!!! And even though this port is best displayed in PAL, she runs fine on my NTSC XEGS!!! WELL DONE!!! I've first got to get another HD CapturePro (my old one died on me from being powered on too long and burned out) so I can film the gaming action directly, and then I can film my review of this 2021 ABBUC Award winning port on the 8-Bit Edition of The Atari Report, but yes!!!

FINALLY a version of Bomb Jack I can (help) proudly make viral even here in the States!!!

On 11/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, BIGHMW said:

Hey @shanti77, she works on my XEGS and I use an Ultimate Cart!!! And even though this port is best displayed in PAL, she runs fine on my NTSC XEGS!!! WELL DONE!!! I've first got to get another HD CapturePro (my old one died on me from being powered on too long and burned out) so I can film the gaming action directly, and then I can film my review of this 2021 ABBUC Award winning port on the 8-Bit Edition of The Atari Report, but yes!!!

FINALLY a version of Bomb Jack I can (help) proudly make viral even here in the States!!!

On my 130xe NTSC through both my UNO and FujiNet it does load and play, but has extensive slowdown during game play and the sprite objects will show corruption when they overlap. As such it can make it tough to see exactly where the enemies are on the platforms when things blend in. Having said that, it does still play otherwise. 

Even though I only have the stock 64K in my XEGS I'll try her out later on tonight (around 10:00 pm 22:00 US Northwest-time), I'll report back on it compared to the 64K PAL version I currently run.

Boy games like these graduates of the "Class Of" 2021 ABBUC Software Contest make it an even tougher decision of (if it HAD TO BE ONLY ONE) keeping either the 5200 (there are 20 games on the 5200 that are currently not available on A8/XL/XE/XEGS, including Tempest) or my XEGS, Jesus, this graduating class looks and plays great. :) Congrats to all the programmers!!!

128K NTSC Gacek seizes up using 64K stock XEGS and Ultimate Cart, but I have no (other than flickering) problems using the OG 64K PAL Gacek on her, I can deal with the flickering of the enemies, it's nothing I'm not used to having 3 other systems (2600, 5200, and 7800) that also do the same thing. I'm getting better at it, I reached the 2x levels now and I'm starting to get the hang (no pun intended) of the jumping of Gacek himself as I retrieve all the bombs and know I don't HAVE TO collect the lit ones first even though they're worth 100 points as opposed to 10 for unlit ones, it's not like they're gonna explode or anything like that. But I really enjoy this game, well done @shanti77!!! No wonder you won the title as having the best game in this year's ABBUC SWC, I CAN'T WAIT to get a new HD Capture Pro next month (my old one died from being powered on too long, that being 24/7) after I pay all of my bills so I can record the in-game footage I need so I can review this award-winning INSTANT CLASSIC on the 8-Bit Edition of The Atari Report!!! SUPERB!!! :)