IGNORED

Gacek from ABBUC 2021

shanti77

13 hours ago, shanti77 said:

The 128K version, running on PAL and NTSC systems, adjusts the music, colors and speed of the game by itself.

gacek128multi.xex 49.9 kB · 27 downloads

Thanks for producing a truly NTSC-compatible version of your game. I needed to run it on the A800 core on my MiST because my XEGS only has 64k. 

I think the timing on real NTSC hardware will be better. I still die after a few levels, but the difficulty at the beginning makes more sense as opposed to playing the 64k PAL version on the XEGS. 

Bob C

• Like 1

@Aking You need a good joystick / gamepad, I use a dualshock from PS4.
Can you upload a photo? I'd like to see what it looks like.

@patjomkiCurrently, I have started a new project, but probably when I find some free time, I will come back to Gacek and I will probably correct / add something.

Edited by shanti77
  • Like 1

Gacek (PAL&NTSC) is another candidate that I would like to see on a @Sikor cart...

... and that SSCX01 cart. that has not been published yet. XMAS is coming, so it's time to make a wishlist.  ;-)

I also would not mind a PAL&NTSC version of Bosconian on a @Sikor cart.

As someone who has not played Bomb Jack before, are there instructions for Gacek? I learned that I needed to hold down the joystick button so the character would fly for a period of time. I also know that if I pick up the bomb when it is flashing, I get more points. However, I saw I can pick up the letters which probably increases my score. However,  I do not know if it gives me any extra abilities or hinders me in any way. 

If everything matches Bomb Jack, I can find a manual online to answer my questions.

Bob C

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darwinmac said:

As someone who has not played Bomb Jack before, are there instructions for Gacek? I learned that I needed to hold down the joystick button so the character would fly for a period of time. I also know that if I pick up the bomb when it is flashing, I get more points. However, I saw I can pick up the letters which probably increases my score. However,  I do not know if it gives me any extra abilities or hinders me in any way. 

If everything matches Bomb Jack, I can find a manual online to answer my questions.

Bob C

Here are the instructions from the author...

GACEK.TXT

• Like 1

I myself would like to see some 5200 versions of the winners from the "Class of 2021" from this year's ABBUC Software Contest, especially Gacek, and Blokz, I wonder how much meat would have to be trimmed off of the bone to use this year's entrants with the only 16K of RAM we Big Sexy owners have to put up with. Perhaps, maybe in the short future, ABBUC could introduce similar 2600, 5200, and 7800 divisions of their annual SWC, imagine what new classics could come out of Europe for all of us who own Atari's other great systems, I'm not saying I don't enjoy them on my XEGS, believe me I DO enjoy them, I can't get enough of @shanti77's Gacek, I can't wait to order another HD Capture Pro recorder this weekend (to replace the old one in which burned out) so I can get back to doing The Atari Report so I can review this award-winning port, as well as @popmilo's Blokz, @glurk's Barnstorming, and many others, for all 4 of my systems!!!

I have a wicked idea for a game.  It can even support FujiNet high score system (sadly this excludes 5200 players).  Think the good ol' days of "Soooooooup's Ooooooooooooooooon - 8 track commercials for the ad style I am picturing"

Unsolicited Game Idea (for my 8-bit and maybe later an unsolicited 5200 port, made 45 minutes to 3 days after the initial announcement):

So here me out.  It's a take on the good ol' "Whack-a-mole" game.  Half of the moles are announcing new 8-bit games.  The other half are "someone" asking for a 5200 port of a newly announced game.  Which side will fill up first?  Which side will feel the sting of former C-list Hollywood Actresses now taking the piss for $200 a pop-autographs not answering the cry of "How the hell am I not the next Brad Pitt / Eminem love child?"

Smash away PLEASE!  The bonus scoring scheme works as follows:

• If you can knock down all the "5200 port beggers" and keep them down for 1 turns before a new game announcement shows up - you score $500 points
  • If you can knock down all the "5200 port beggers" and keep them down for 3 turns before a new game announcement shows up - you score $750 points
  • If you can knock down all the "5200 port beggers" and keep them down for 5 turns before a new game announcement shows up - you score $1000 points.  You also get an 8-bit exclusive blockchain, and some 2600 NFT fairy dust.
  • Haha 9

On 11/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, Stephen said:
  • If you can knock down all the "5200 port beggers" and keep them down for 5 turns before a new game announcement shows up - you score $1000 points.  You also get an 8-bit exclusive blockchain, and some 2600 NFT fairy dust.

Speaking of NFTs... I think these CryptoPunk NFTs would be a pretty cool replacement for the moles.

Then you could have them popping up through holes in a FujiNet pcb or something.

1168765457_CryptoPunksNTFs.thumb.jpg.579916a553c07227bf456e23f4960f19.jpg

Either that, or you could be Father Guido Sarducci, and whack popes popping up on a pepperoni pizza.

Find the Popes in the Pizza Contest

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Gacek on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:
  • Gacek (2021 | A8) by Janusz Chabowski @shanti77
  • Castle Defender (2021 | A8) by Martin Simeček @matosimi (Code & Design), Piotr Radecki (Title Screen), Michal Radecki (Music)
  • Barnstorming (2021 | A8) by glurk @glurk
  • Pang (2016 | A8) by Tomasz Biela @tebe /Madteam, Kamil Walaszek (Vidol) & Adam Pwroznik (Ooz / Agenda) & Maciej Hauke (Rocky / Madteam) (Graphics), Michal Radecki (String / Agenda) (Music)
 (WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• 2 weeks later...

....and on the heels of that last post I will be filming the videos for this set of episodes of The Atari Report, as I found out this past weekend that it WAS NOT a faulty HD CapturePro recorder but rather that it was merely an issue with the power adapter so I used the one that came with it and it worked fine, as a matter of fact I bought a second unit to replace it before I tried the old one out and that is how I found out that one works so now I have TWO fully-working HD CapturePro units so the episodes will definitely be up this weekend.

The episodes will cover as follows (S02 E04)

2600 Edition - Pac-Man Arcade from @DINTAR816 - final version

5200 Edition - Barnstorming from @glurk

7800 Edition - Penta from @darryl1970 (Darryl Guenther)

8-Bit Edition - Gacek from @shanti77 - 2021 ABBUC Software Contest Winner

See you on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW22q4hD1AhsdRkno-SLFw I hope you will subscribe to it and my other 2 channels (more content of all 3 channels this weekend as well).

We hope you'll tune in this weekend. The videos will also be embedded along with all of the download links on each of their respective forums as well.

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

....and on the heels of that last post I will be filming the videos for this set of episodes of The Atari Report, as I found out this past weekend that it WAS NOT a faulty HD CapturePro recorder but rather that it was merely an issue with the power adapter so I used the one that came with it and it worked fine, as a matter of fact I bought a second unit to replace it before I tried the old one out and that is how I found out that one works so now I have TWO fully-working HD CapturePro units so the episodes will definitely be up this weekend.

The episodes will cover as follows (S02 E04)

2600 Edition - Pac-Man Arcade from @DINTAR816 - final version

5200 Edition - Barnstorming from @glurk

7800 Edition - Penta from @darryl1970 (Darryl Guenther)

8-Bit Edition - Gacek from @shanti77 - 2021 ABBUC Software Contest Winner

See you on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW22q4hD1AhsdRkno-SLFw I hope you will subscribe to it and my other 2 channels (more content of all 3 channels this weekend as well).

We hope you'll tune in this weekend. The videos will also be embedded along with all of the download links on each of their respective forums as well.

spam...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe you can make the effect of transition between the boards - just an animation of Jack before you change the board and it will be great :D

---

tylko tych dwóch elementów zabrakło grze, a wyszła naprawdę genialnie.

---

What? No support for HSC? Nightmare, how to play here?

Edited by xxl
  • Thanks 1