IGNORED

My Rush Hour Puzzle game

This is pretty much the puzzle game Rush Hour!

Its is another project I started on that I think translates well on Intellivision. It's still early so there is no sound and title screen.

You just move the cursor over the front or back of the car/truck and press top action button to move it.

Goal is the get the red car across to the opening.

rush.rom

Edited by Brian's Man Cave
  • Like 3

Very nice!  I was able to beat the 2 levels you have designed.  I will be interesting to see what you have cooked up for future levels.  I'll assume the grid might get larger, or maybe you will add land mines on the screen to blow up sections of a truck to help clear space?  Or maybe add pedestrians or other obstacles that must be moved move around...

A unique take on the puzzle game genre....I like it!  :)

2 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Very nice!  I was able to beat the 2 levels you have designed.  I will be interesting to see what you have cooked up for future levels.  I'll assume the grid might get larger, or maybe you will add land mines on the screen to blow up sections of a truck to help clear space?  Or maybe add pedestrians or other obstacles that must be moved move around...

A unique take on the puzzle game genre....I like it!  :)

Thanks. I can’t take credit for the level design as I am copying the actual board game levels! The one I have has 40 different puzzles to solve ?

• Like 1

I never knew this was a real game, very good job either way.  I started making an 'original' game but I was way too lofty in goals.  Ever since, I've been working on ports  of other games to get my IntyBasic chops down.

I've got WIP takes on Space Invaders, Pick Axe Pete, Lode Runner and my most complete is Sasuke Vs Commander.  I'm working on the boss battle code and it will be done!  Then I need to polish and debug and then add more sound and it will be ready for prime time.

keep going, what you have is great. I'm sure you will add a special ingredient or 2 besides original puzzles to make it yours.  I'm really into the whole retro gaming thing now.  Great gameplay never gets old.

Edited by Mik's Arcade
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Your second level is impossible.

haha! ya its a tough one. I think its from one of the more advanced puzzles.

My plan is to have the game start with all the beginner puzzles and work your way up. There are 40 puzzles in the original game.

I also plan to have it start with a menu screen so you can choose your skill level. And a reset and/or skip option if you get really stuck :)