IGNORED

Gadzooks! I actually found something locally!

eightbit

On 8/2/2022 at 6:08 AM, TGB1718 said:

The only monitor "Atari" make was the High Rez mono monitor, for colour

I bought a Phillips CM8833 monitor originally for my 8 bits and then on my ST

I have to say the picture is outstanding, still working today :)

Seems like a lot of UK and European Atari ST owners bought that Philips monitor. It was pretty much a non-entity here in the States. 

We here basically bought Atari branded monitors. Although some would use TVs if they had a 520STm, a 520/1040STfm, or the STe models since they had RF modulators. I don't recall any commercially available cable adapters to use Commodore monitors but I do remember some staff at one of the local Atari ST dealers [ComputerTime! which also heavily sold Amigas once the 500/2000 were released] had made some for themselves but to mainly use a particular Sony* RGB monitor they sold a lot of to Amiga customers. And then those with a lot of cash bought NEC MultiSync monitors if they wanted to become the King Sh** - or just The Sh** - of their particular Users Groups... [or they had an HP DeskJet printer while the rest of us plebs had our 9-pin dot matrix printers]. :)

*I just did a Google Image Search on Sony RGB Monitor they pimped heavily back then was the KX-14CP1. They also paired them with speakers that complemented its aesthetics. I can't remember if they were Altec-Lansings, which I swore that company made some pimp co-branded Apple speakers for the IIgs but maybe those were Bose speakers, or vice versa. Maybe they were also Sonys; I forget. Anyway, they basically demoed all of the above with an Amiga 500 for game play demos. This was also during the North American DRAM shortage when Atari Corp bought Federated to shore up guaranteed dealers and thus this dealership located right across the street from said retail electronics chain chose to them push the Amiga even harder in response.

Edited by Lynxpro
Sony!