IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

1 hour ago, swlovinist said:

Just a heads up, I just tested my Aquaventure 2600 limited edition cart on my 4 switch and it appears to be working okay.   I did however have some issues trying it on my 2600 jr.  Is anyone else having issues with the LE carts in 2600 jr consoles?

I tested my LEs in 8 consoles. No issues on 2 Jrs. It did not fit in one of my 7800s... but that's more of a 7800 issue than an XP issue.  What's your specific issue?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nadir said:

Just thought of something different about my 7800.  It has the Robot Tank mod.  Wonder if that's the problem.  Anyone else here with that specific configuration and Yars' Return?

Interesting idea and for those that have C64 removed, it is just a matter of replacing it to test. Or better, hopefully just one leg of the cap was desoldered from the board and lifted so that putting it back would be easy to do to test this.

My daily driver has the extra timing circuit silkscreened on the board but has been bypassed by the factory with a zero ohm resistor and that section isn't populated on my board.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Interesting idea and for those that have C64 removed, it is just a matter of replacing it to test. Or better, hopefully just one leg of the cap was desoldered from the board and lifted so that putting it back would be easy to do to test this.

My daily driver has the extra timing circuit silkscreened on the board but has been bypassed by the factory with a zero ohm resistor and that section isn't populated on my board.

If I get some time I'll have to look.  I did it myself, but don't remember.  Normally I'm the kind of person to make putting it back easy, so probably just lifted one end.  However, at that time I was doing a lot of electronics work and may have taken it and used it elsewhere...

• Like 2

I took a video for Dennis Debro, figured I'd share it here too in case anyone wants to see the extended crash sequence.  Does a crash to title on first play attempt, I hit reset, then it crashes hard on second play attempt.  The more typical case is the crash delay from the first attempt, but the hard crash of the second attempt all in one shot.  Note that with hard crash, reset will not bring it back.  Takes a power cycle.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, dogbowl said:

I got mine today.

Loose cartridges, a patch and pin for each and a return label to mail back the original cartridges "for recycling".

I'm happy. Get to keep the originals sealed and now I have a copy to play!

So you aren't sending back the originals as they requested? My guess on this, is that they might try and charge for any that aren't returned. But who knows. I've already opened up the originals they sent me, so I've not problem sending them back to AtariXP. And yes, I also received mine at some point over the weekend while I was away in Portland. The patches and pins were a nice bonus and not at all expected!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Atari Superman said:

My replacements arrived. All three are bad. Let me just stress that last point. All three of the replacement cartridges do not work.

Yikes! For a bunch of limited cartridge re-releases meant to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Atari, they seem to be putting more effort in the marketing than quality assurance. With limited runs, it's go big or go home. I hope you can get that resolved or at least get your money back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari Superman said:

My replacements arrived. All three are bad. Let me just stress that last point. All three of the replacement cartridges do not work.

Bad as in "also installed upside down" or bad as in "defective even when properly oriented"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Atari Superman said:

I just tested all three of mine that arrive at some point over the weekend while I was at PRGE. They all work just fine as they should this time around. I also noticed they improved the labels on these as well. The laminate layer isn't nearly as obvious on the sides and in fact on my Saboteur cart, the original had a nasty bubbled up line showing the laminate separation across it and the new one is great. 

sabo_orig_vs_new_1.thumb.jpg.46e60911d0dece4e0a60a1a90e792773.jpg

sabo_orig_vs_new_2.thumb.jpg.1aad2446f2b413bc0152e3eace5756f7.jpg

And here is where I tested them just after reading this message...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Are you trying them on an actual 2600 or a Retron77?

This is a very valid point as I don't believe Atari XP ever stated they would work in clone consoles? You can see in my video above that they all work just fine in my 7800 so I don't anticipate any issues on actual 2600s either. Be nice to know if someone can test their replacements in a Gemini, System Changer, Exp Module 1...

• Like 2