IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

ATARI could even make de-makes of thier current games across the legacy platforms' through XP.

Missile Command:Recharged for the 7800, Caverns Of Mars for the trusty Jag.

I'd like to see ATARI XP arrange the release of cart-only standard and limited edition re-issues of the Starpath Supercharger games.

The limited could have a cassette and/or CD included.

I'd also like to see a Airworld Box-set, and a standard edition de-make of the fourth game for the 2600.

I hope ATARI goes in this direction.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:42 AM, Gunther said:

ATARI could even make de-makes of thier current games across the legacy platforms' through XP.

Missile Command:Recharged for the 7800, Caverns Of Mars for the trusty Jag.

I'd like to see ATARI XP arrange the release of cart-only standard and limited edition re-issues of the Starpath Supercharger games.

The limited could have a cassette and/or CD included.

I'd also like to see a Airworld Box-set, and a standard edition de-make of the fourth game for the 2600.

I hope ATARI goes in this direction.

Id like to see them do something like this for the 8 bit as well. Maybe include the classic 8 bit version of the game and also a Recharged version.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

An Airworld demake for the 2600 would be an epic ATARI XP cart.

Digital Eclipse recently tweeted that they were hoping someone from the community would take the demake on.

A complete box-set would be epic.

Another great feature would be to add wifi in the cart like the upcoming N.E.S game Super Tilt Bros.

Then player can connect directly to an online lobby from their console for some online multiplayer action.

• Like 1

Latest word 1:26p Eastern on the Atari Discord from David Paige, who works on the VCS and related projects for Atari, Discord name "davpa":

the XP carts are finalizing production. Orders will be shipping towards the end of May. All carts will be shipping at the same time. So if you ordered all 10 carts then you'll get a package with all 10. No phases in shipping.

Board_Assembly_-_Picture.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got an email from "Matt at Atari" stating that the 50th Anniversary Adventure will be shipping out early next week, and if I needed to update my shipping address to fill out an address change form via a link the leads to a Google Form. 

The weird thing is I never ordered Adventure 50th Anniversary. 

Again Atari's attention to detail astounds me. (I am being VERY Sarcastic.) Why would you send an email like this who didn't even place an order for this title. So bizarre. :roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

So I got an email from "Matt at Atari" stating that the 50th Anniversary Adventure will be shipping out early next week, and if I needed to update my shipping address to fill out an address change form via a link the leads to a Google Form. 

The weird thing is I never ordered Adventure 50th Anniversary. 

Well, good, if the game you didn't order is about to ship, maybe the one I did order is also about to ship!  :D

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 1:14 PM, Mockduck said:

People have been receiving the Adventures and Missile Commands for maybe a little over a week now. They are being shipped individually, not as a group, but they are starting to ship/have been shipping. 

Ah, good to hear.  I'm waiting on Gravitar which was one of the later ones, so I presume it'll still be awhile then until they get to me.

• Like 1

https://www.destructoid.com/atari-ceo-wade-rosen-talks-preservation-web3-and-the-future-of-retro/

“Our Atari XP cartridge business started off small and experimental, and the reception has been quite positive. There is a demand for the simplicity and skill-gating of retro hardware and software. As a result, we’re exploring ways to bring more cartridges to market, and to make it easier to play those cartridges. Stay tuned.”

• Like 1