IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

with all the shoddy sh*t happening I hope at least version 2.2 is the image... and hopefully Atari SA does the right thing and pays people for their hard work!

Furthermore, Curt's family should at least get something for he foray into this as well.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

hopefully Atari SA does the right thing and pays people for their hard work!

Furthermore, Curt's family should at least get something for he foray into this as well.

If they did that, it might push me towards buying, but "the right thing" isn't the current Atari's strong suit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kaboomer said:

Given the company's roots, history and such, and trying to profit off same, they actually should employ an "Atari Historian" and/or consult with one!

Gee,  if only there was someone who cared a lot about the history of Atari;  Maybe someone who spent a lot of time and energy and even wrote a book on the history of Atari...Maybe someone like (AtariAger) @Marc Oberhäuser ...Oh wait,  unless I'm misremembering, This version of "Atari" blocked publication of his book.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, zzip said:

I think they need a proofreader,  a lot of these errors should have been caught and fixed before they went out.

In case you need another proof that whole thing was rushed (but I'm pretty sure it's already obvious), look at the mandatory social network links on Atari XP's website. To be fair I've seen this a lot of times, but it looks incredibly amateurish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

In case you need another proof that whole thing was rushed (but I'm pretty sure it's already obvious), look at the mandatory social network links on Atari XP's website. To be fair I've seen this a lot of times, but it looks incredibly amateurish.

Its been fixed.

Edited by Nall3k

The website was cleaned up. Looks like everyone gets a box. The renders are still so-so but it's better. They should have put a bit more effort into this, but I think I will still support it in the hopes that they will improve and try to reach out to Al, and the programmers and creatives in the AA community.

2 minutes ago, hizzy said:

The website was cleaned up. Looks like everyone gets a box. The renders are still so-so but it's better. They should have put a bit more effort into this, but I think I will still support it in the hopes that they will improve and try to reach out to Al, and the programmers and creatives in the AA community.

I noticed that too, they just needed to look over things before launching. Hopefully things with @Tempest are resolved and someone from AA is brought on to collaborate with these.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nall3k said:

@Special Teams @KaeruYojimbo the site has been updated.

"Each standard edition copy comes sealed with a high quality box, cartridge and manual."

Clarity goes a long damned way. Now it's actually a perfectly reasonable deal. Now they just need to clarify why the Limited Edition is $150 other than it being a fixed production run.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nall3k said:

I noticed that too, they just needed to look over things before launching. Hopefully things with @Tempest are resolved and someone from AA is brought on to collaborate with these.

People are talking but I'm not involved in any of it.  Does anyone know for sure if they're using my manual (the AA one) or is that just speculation?  I was told they were, but I haven't actually seen a picture of said manual.

3 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Clarity goes a long damned way. Now it's actually a perfectly reasonable deal. Now they just need to clarify why the Limited Edition is $150 other than it being a fixed production run.

They've updated that too, and you can read it on the XP site for the limited product. Whether or not it's worth the price is up to the buyer, I guess. I like the limited edition boxes, just don't know if I'd pay $150.

20 minutes ago, Tempest said:

People are talking but I'm not involved in any of it.  Does anyone know for sure if they're using my manual (the AA one) or is that just speculation?  I was told they were, but I haven't actually seen a picture of said manual.

The only thing they have about a backstory is this:

You play the game as a robot named Hotot. A strange race of blue aliens is using your planet to launch a galaxy-destroying warhead. With the help of a yellow birdlike race, you must destroy the rocket, disarm the warhead, and prevent your planets’ destruction.

1 minute ago, hizzy said:

The only thing they have about a backstory is this:

You play the game as a robot named Hotot. A strange race of blue aliens is using your planet to launch a galaxy-destroying warhead. With the help of a yellow birdlike race, you must destroy the rocket, disarm the warhead, and prevent your planets’ destruction.

Well Hotot wasn't something I came up with, that was on a document that HSW sent me.  So so far it appears that there isn't any evidence that they lifted my manual.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:55 AM, Nall3k said:

Each standard edition copy comes sealed with a high quality box, cartridge and manual.

One mystery solved. It only took them 48 hours to describe the product on the product page.

The whole thing still seems scuzzy to me. Their last “pre-order” didn’t exactly go as planned and they didn’t do themselves any PR favors with the fake Yars backstory. It makes it look like they knowingly lied to increase interest in the game or they’re completely clueless about where it came from. Either way they look bad.