IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

23 hours ago, Mockduck said:

I have had the VCS for a couple of weeks now, and have put in about 20 hours with it. I've put together my review. No one should care what I think, but hey, that didn't stop me: 

Wow.  I knew it would never be able to do 4k in any games, but the fact that it can't even do 4k video is hilarious.  Maybe they should have just advertised the woodgrain on the front was in glorious 4k.

• Haha 5

I have created a new thread for "The New Atari VCS FAQ" which is meant to potentially be stickied at the top of the forums, or at least maintained fresh anew with an emphasis on information only over discussion. I'd say keep this thread for the current whatever this is, but I will defer to the mods and AA peeps on that. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I have created a new thread for "The New Atari VCS FAQ" which is meant to potentially be stickied at the top of the forums, or at least maintained fresh anew with an emphasis on information only over discussion. I'd say keep this thread for the current whatever this is, but I will defer to the mods and AA peeps on that.

I've pinned the new thread, and I also renamed this one to avoid confusion between the two, as I mentioned earlier.  This thread is available for opinionated discussion, so let's keep those discussions here and NOT in the new FAQ thread.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I gotta say props to Atari for actually shipping something.  Will be curious how well this performs as an emulator machine.  

$400 to emulate a VCS - I say that is poor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I gotta say props to Atari for actually shipping something.  Will be curious how well this performs as an emulator machine.  

Well, after installing Windows not bad actually, maybe not worth compared to other options but for those who already have one or are dead set on getting it regardless I am sure they wont be too disappointed:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oscar Manuel Rojas Maillo said:

Someone at the discord channel is mad at others because they "moved their goal posts". Man do we know here about that issue here XD

Are you still on the naughty list over there?

I’ve decided life is far better without FArtari.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1