IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

You've said that the units were complete and in the country.

You didn't say that you'd seen one up and running yet though, so excuse me for conjecturing based on the information available rather than psychically reading your mind.

It goes without saying the units are not being held back because they don't have the needed software to use them as you believed. You don't retail package a product before it's completed. Whatever, believe what you want and make up whatever you like to fill in the details you are missing. And yes that was more  fabrication on your part about seeing a system up and running cause I didn't say that either. I don't even know why I would try to engage on this topic. Clearly the facts you found between your ears are much more relevant than anything I could ever add to the conversation. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Days, not weeks.

Weeks, not months.

Months, not years.

Years, not decades.

Decades, not centuries.

Centuries, not millennia.

Where in this cycle is Atari?  How far will they go?  Will it happen before hell freezes over?

According to Dante the lower levels of Hell are already frozen. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

It goes without saying the units are not being held back because they don't have the needed software to use them as you believed. You don't retail package a product before it's completed. Whatever, believe what you want and make up whatever you like to fill in the details you are missing. And yes that was more  fabrication on your part about seeing a system up and running cause I didn't say that either. I don't even know why I would try to engage on this topic. Clearly the facts you found between your ears are much more relevant than anything I could ever add to the conversation. 

Actually you can retail package a product before its software is ready if you intend to deliver it as an over the air update. Most games consoles have launched in such a state in recent years, even.

Also, let me make it perfectly clear that I have not at any point claimed to know that the software isn't finished or that you've seen a finished unit up and running, so you are very much out of order in calling these 'fabrications.'

For the record:
1. "I suspect that they've still got issues on the software front" is not a claim that the software isn't ready, merely a supposition.

2. "You didn't say that you'd seen one up and running yet" is merely a claim that you hadn't said it. You confirmed this, so it's not even wrong!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

I don't even know why I would try to engage on this topic.

If you're going to continue to fill space with vague I-know-stuff-you-don't-but-can't-tell-and-I'll-get-offended-if-you-guess-wrong pronouncements, I don't either.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, racerx said:

If you're going to continue to fill space with vague I-know-stuff-you-don't-but-can't-tell-and-I'll-get-offended-if-you-guess-wrong pronouncements, I don't either.

Originally I was trying to be helpful by mentioning it's not a software issue as a couple people had mentioned they thought it was. That was met with replies of more silly talk and non-sense. Being vague while coming from an educated understanding with contradicting information that is able to set those falsehoods straight has more merit versus any of the speculated reasonings offered up in here by such postings. 

• Like 1

The problem with the statements is that you are clearly unwilling to speak as you will probably get someone or yourself into trouble, even with a fake account on public wifi.
So your claims are met with suspicion of being a spy for Atari ????? planting false info. The biggest problem is that these types of people were always running the mouth with the yak yak when this project started 12 years ago, they had a big pitch video with "a little moar thought a little moar ?"

All of a sudden the project is FINISHED "allegedly" and the units have arrived, they go silent. What for? I thought that this was the new system that was going to be a game changer. Time to brag... Show us all the awesome stuff that you can do on this system.. killer apps like Quibi and MYspace... bring it on.
I want to impress a hot soccer mom ???‍♀️

Edited by OCAT
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, OCAT said:

All of a sudden the project is FINISHED "allegedly" and the units have arrived, they go silent. What for? I thought that this was the new system that was going to be a game changer. Time to brag... Show us all the awesome stuff that you can do on this system.. killer apps like Quibi and MYspace... bring it on.
I want to impress a hot soccer mom ???‍♀️

Atari could fuck up the Lord's Prayer that is why. The device they are gonna be shipping out will surely underwhelm and disappoint (my opinion). Expecting any better from them or speculating on why they do anything they do (or don't do) is a waste of time.

• Like 4

^ I already gots my emergency snack if this VCS thing goes live and crashes and burns in a day, I need to be prepared for the incoming online arguments that will follow... Here it is
On a side note that Atari Token reddit thread has gone sour, people are now attacking each other, calling names, basically throwing ? over Atari, some people wanted to make a few bucks, others complaining that they ruined it because they need to hold out and expect a long term gain... complaining about investing in a token and Atari has not released the system yet... ??

MTBS.jpg

Edited by OCAT

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

Being vague while coming from an educated understanding with contradicting information that is able to set those falsehoods straight has more merit versus any of the speculated reasonings offered up in here by such postings. 

Just speaking from Taco experience here, that s*** doesn't work around here.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

Atari could fuck up the Lord's Prayer that is why. The device they are gonna be shipping out will surely underwhelm and disappoint (my opinion). Expecting any better from them or speculating on why they do anything they do (or don't do) is a waste of time.

I can't argue with that.

For what it's worth, I'll take your word for it on the software.

I'm not really expecting any answers on the missing apps, just noting that they are missing.

Edited by Matt_B

40 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Sweet - we'll be able to get details before the unconsole gets released after all.

I'm sure he's gonna have fun info to share on what the situation was like at the time of his tenure but so much happened after he was no longer involved that even with a full disclosure form the Historian it's gonna leave a lot of questions unanswered. Maybe someone else will come out of the woodwork at some point with that info. I would be very interested to hear the story that Rob Wyatt has to tell but even that would only take the info up to the point he left and sued them.

• Like 5