IGNORED

ColecoDS 3.0 Released

wavemotion

The first release in more than a decade! The last public release by Alekmaul was 2.1 back in 2008.

ColecoDS is a Colecovision (with SGM/MegaCart support) emulator for the DS and DSi. 

Version 3.0: https://github.com/wavemotion-dave/ColecoDS

1637237707194.png

• Resurrected from the ashes. First new release in 10 years.
  • Super Game Module support.
  • MegaCart Bankswitching support (up to 512k).
  • High Score support.
  • New sound core.
  • Full speed video rendering even on older DS.
  • Command-line support for TWL++ integration.
  • Major Cleanup across the board.

image.thumb.png.3d955088d747ccc433beb1ef797ddbf9.png

Edited by llabnip
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, llabnip said:

The first release in more than a decade! The last public release by Alekmaul was 2.1 back in 2008.

I've never even used that version, just the one that FluBBa made.

BTW, as long as you're doing these, a bunch of Alekmaul's emulators that I tried had "repeat rate" issues...like I know his Apple II emulator had it, where you would try to press a button or direction once, but it would press it multiple times. Made most Apple II games unplayable.
I was going to try to fix it myself, but I never got around to getting DevKitArm set back up.

I noticed yours has a "load overlay" button on it? Future item in the making? Would be sweet to have them for all the games that supported them. How about custom one's too. 

Can you have a look at this for me:

image.thumb.png.4c9c5589b9db2c40936b892132698817.png

Any folders or files I can delete above that are not needed anymore now that the install is done?

Thanks

I’m always afraid to delete anything that I didn’t add - so I leave that stuff on the card.  

I dumped the load overlay for the new releases to focus on core emulation, Super Game Module Support and Megacart support. I’ll revisit overlays once I have a super stable foundation. I do support custom overlays with my Nintellivision emulator because, well… yeah. Kinda need those to play most intellivision games!

Looks like i can load the emulators from the "Nocash Unlaunch.dsi v2.0"  front end scrolling down a list OR load up the " twilight menu++" and run only GBA backups and CelecoDS , is one way better then the other? I love the awesome access I get to all these different games. Just seems odd how the systems setup. Maybe I just need more time to explore. 

Anyone else having fun with this?

Wanted to thank you again and ask if it is possible to switch games instead of full power cycle , like the XEGS-DS works?

Edited by Zeptari1
thanks