IGNORED

Become a developer.

jstrotha0975

This forum is all about developing games for the VCS - and the tools to do so. ?
Game Maker 2 is already compatible with the VCS, and has been used for some games.

Godot can also generate games for the VCS - see the thread - because it supports Linux.
There is no need to have special tools to create games for the modern VCS. See the page!

So how does one actually test the game on the VCS? To use the development software you would need a Linux, Windows or Mac computer, right? And then you would need some kind of tool from Atari to actually run your code on the AtariOS?

I am a lowly web developer so much of this is way over my head. But reading the page on Atari’s site didn’t make the process of running code on AtariOS obvious to me.

11 hours ago, stirrell said:

So how does one actually test the game on the VCS? To use the development software you would need a Linux, Windows or Mac computer, right? And then you would need some kind of tool from Atari to actually run your code on the AtariOS?

I am a lowly web developer so much of this is way over my head. But reading the page on Atari’s site didn’t make the process of running code on AtariOS obvious to me.

I put it in a different thread for clarity.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stirrell said:

To use the development software you would need a Linux, Windows or Mac computer, right?

You can probably get away with setting up an Ubuntu VM on whatever computer you have and test your code in that.

Once you have it working in that, I guess Atari will help you take the last step to get it working on AtariOS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zzip said:

You can probably get away with setting up an Ubuntu VM on whatever computer you have and test your code in that.

Once you have it working in that, I guess Atari will help you take the last step to get it working on AtariOS

That's also true. 
I never even thought to mention that above, even though I use VMs a lot too. ? (I'll add a line about that to the how-to.)