IGNORED

Atari Server Problems (VCS Logins/Store etc.)

82-T/A

18 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

Update:  It appears that my issue has been resolved.   I was able to get into the store and purchase all the games that I wanted to.  Fingers crossed for others that it has been fixed too.  

AWESOME! Frustrating road to get there, but I'm glad things are resolved. Hopefully others are able to purchase freely now, too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I think Atari rushed into making updates / changes without fully testing. I strongly believe in their product, and will 100% support them (and buy all the things)... but they'll definitely want to get a proper "lab" set up that has all versions of their product in various states so they can test their updates / changes. Even an "off the shelf" system that came from the supporters kick-starter that someone left in their closet and never opened. What happens when they go and plug it in?

But, still... really happy with my VCS. Some of the new games I bought yesterday are fantastic... and I spent some time playing MashUp yesterday, and it was awesome too...

Just a couple of hours ago, my new VCS booted up, performed all of the updates and I was able to create a new account successfully!. Purchased a couple of games with no problems (They loaded pretty fast actually). 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 5:50 PM, swlovinist said:

Ugg, I logged into my console fine, but then I could not get into the app store to buy games(Session Expired).    I tried 30 minutes later and the same thing.   When it says "Session Expired" on the screen, I cant back out and have to reset the console.   This is so frustrating.  Any ideas what the issue is?

I have gotten this a few times as well...and the console is not actually "locked up". It will eventually allow you to back out. I suspect there is a background process that is retrying the connection 10 or so times before it times out. 

Either they are working on these servers or they got hit hard this weekend. Maybe they did not anticipate hundreds of new users who were able to get this console on discount over the weekend all logging in and attempting to create accounts, buy games, etc. But they (I hope) would have a robust enough server to handle that ;)

• Like 2

I hadn't turned on my VCS in a few weeks, but did so today. I got this same error. What ended up working for me was this: go to the store tab, get the error, press cancel, sit on the store tab screen which isn't loading (flashing "loading" icons as store item placeholders), walking away for a time - 20 minutes? When I came back, woke the system, and tried the store again it worked.

I think it just needs more time to load the store content. That initial error came up way too fast.

• Like 1

The bearer token could not authenticate is still happening for me (UK) - it briefly worked at the start of last week but the same error now occurs without fail - no matter how long I stay on the Store tab. Additionally the Atari VCS fails to update (has failed for quite a few months - resetting does not resolve this)…do anyone have any further ideas?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Reflex said:

The bearer token could not authenticate is still happening for me (UK) - it briefly worked at the start of last week but the same error now occurs without fail - no matter how long I stay on the Store tab. Additionally the Atari VCS fails to update (has failed for quite a few months - resetting does not resolve this)…do anyone have any further ideas?

Did you reboot the system, as normally a reboot resolved the problem once the servers came back.
I didn't hear of anybody else still having the problem since start of the week server fix.

If the system tries, and cannot update, there's another thread about that, with various ideas.
Basically the options are:
1) check you have space on the internal storage (old AtariOS versions did not reserve enough space)
2) or, reflash the system from USB image, downloaded from Atari (and subsequent updates will apply)
* Also check that your connection is reliable - test that the same happens on Ethernet as on WIFI.

3 hours ago, justclaws said:

Did you reboot the system, as normally a reboot resolved the problem once the servers came back.
I didn't hear of anybody else still having the problem since start of the week server fix.

If the system tries, and cannot update, there's another thread about that, with various ideas.
Basically the options are:
1) check you have space on the internal storage (old AtariOS versions did not reserve enough space)
2) or, reflash the system from USB image, downloaded from Atari (and subsequent updates will apply)
* Also check that your connection is reliable - test that the same happens on Ethernet as on WIFI.

My issues still persist, and I still have an open ticket with Atari Support. The latest update from them was that they are still aware of an ongoing issue at their end.

I'm located in Australia in the event that the issue is region-specific.

2 hours ago, swlovinist said:

Just a heads up, I was having issues again logging into the store.   Anyone else having this issue?   I will try later tonight and tomorrow.      

Mine is having similar issues as well. It asks me to login with internet even though Chrome still functions normally (before the message pops up) and also friends list and store won't load. Similar to last weekend. It's actually not too bad on my end because I can still stream videos on YouTube or play games on Stadia. I hope maybe with a system update patch the issue might resolve.

13 hours ago, Fir3b0x said:

My issues still persist, and I still have an open ticket with Atari Support. The latest update from them was that they are still aware of an ongoing issue at their end.

I'm located in Australia in the event that the issue is region-specific.

I just tried again (as I just got home, after a weekend away) and the VCS works 100% for all services.
Login, update, store, friends, all OK today.

I am in The Netherlands, connecting to the servers in the USA, of course.

BTW, I see that you mention you're from Australia. It would be great if you, everybody, could reply here too.
The more we know that there are people from different places, the more we can judge about outages etc.,
even if there is no requirement for people to give their name in the poll. (However, feel free to add comments!)

USA here: I was having issues just logging in last night. Kept telling me there was no internet connection even though it downloaded/installed updates before my login. I gave up and went to bed. This morning everything worked fine. 

So maybe there was an issue on ATARI server side?

Yes, definitely a server side problem. The error message is misleading.
It should say something like "Unable to connect to Atari servers at this time, please check your Internet connection, and try later."

The cause could be a sudden spike in traffic from new sales, but I expect, more likely, it's a denial-of-service attack on their systems.
Most, if not all, video-games companies have suffered with this. To-date, Atari has not made a statement about it, so I think it's likely.

I was blocked to access the store with the message: your session has expired. Please connect to the internet... Only no way to connect to it. I share my solution in case other people have the same problem : In fact I had disabled the pin code to connect to the dashboard a few weeks ago. To correct the problem I had to reactivate it, then change my nickname. This asked me for the pin code and everything went back to normal. I have access to the store again... Amazing isn't it? 

Edited by RadiATIon
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm glad you got access to the store again! That's really strange (and probably frustrating) that you had to go through all of those steps back and forth, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Hopefully anyone else experiencing what you went through can follow your steps to fix things.

14 hours ago, RadiATIon said:

I was blocked to access the store with the message: your session has expired. Please connect to the internet... Only no way to connect to it. I share my solution in case other people have the same problem : In fact I had disabled the pin code to connect to the dashboard a few weeks ago. To correct the problem I had to reactivate it, then change my nickname. This asked me for the pin code and everything went back to normal. I have access to the store again... Amazing isn't it? 

That's very interesting, because now I can understand why some people had a problem and others didn't.

Thanks for sharing the solution. I suppose they'll patch round that issue in the next pending system update.