IGNORED

Atari VCS (retail deals/discount thread)

Mockduck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The VCS is on sale on Micro Center, once again, for $250 ($150 off). In-store only, but you can reserve online. Select your closest store to check on inventory. Mine has six remaining as I write this. Others are in the double digits (looking at you, Marietta, Georgia). 68 unit remain at Micro Centers nationwide, with a third of them sitting at just two locations (the aforementioned 10 in Marietta, GA and a whopping 13 in St. Louis Park, MN). My understanding is that once these are gone from Micro Center, that'll be it for Micro Center's stock, as they are not an Atari VCS retail partner moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To follow-up on my previous post, *Best Buy will price match* the Atari VCS at Micro Center's $250 price. That's a big deal for those of you who may not live close to a Micro Center or who may not be interested in going into a physical store at this time. Free two-day shipping at bestbuy.com, just start a chat on BB's website and an agent will get you all set up with the Price Match. Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

To follow-up on my previous post, *Best Buy will price match* the Atari VCS at Micro Center's $250 price. That's a big deal for those of you who may not live close to a Micro Center or who may not be interested in going into a physical store at this time. Free two-day shipping at bestbuy.com, just start a chat on BB's website and an agent will get you all set up with the Price Match. Cheers.

They’re only available on the online store correct? They don’t actually have them on store shelves? Same with Gamestop? Good that they’re finally getting proactive with price cuts, $250 is a reasonable price for these. $399 is a little too high.

Edited by Djmicklovin

11 minutes ago, Djmicklovin said:

They’re only available on the online store correct? They don’t actually have them on store shelves? Same with Gamestop? Good that they’re finally getting proactive with price cuts, $250 is a reasonable price for these. $399 is a little too high.

Correct. Micro Center is the only retail store that stocks the VCS at its physical locations. The only exception to this is if someone returns a VCS purchased on bestbuy.com to a Best Buy store, in which case Best Buy will try to sell it in-store at an open box price of $379.99 (lol)...agreed on $250 being a fair price. I got mine for $250 at Micro Center back in November and that price is what enticed me to pull the trigger. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

This totally worked. From start to finish the process took 15 minutes, and I'll be picking up the bundle at my local Best Buy on Tuesday. :)

• Like 5

12 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

I got mine for $250 at Micro Center back in November and that price is what enticed me to pull the trigger. 

Same for me, and I've been pretty happy with mine.  Fortunately, no real issues for me.  Both controllers continue to work as expected.  Tempest 4K will be a nice addition and here's hoping that Donut Dodo gets released.  Antstream has been a nice addition too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Same for me, and I've been pretty happy with mine.  Fortunately, no real issues for me.  Both controllers continue to work as expected.  Tempest 4K will be a nice addition and here's hoping that Donut Dodo gets released.  Antstream has been a nice addition too.

Micro center probably try to have empty storage.

It seems they won't sell VCS anymore. (I said that because Micro Center's not listed like retailer in AtariVCS website *but* now amazon is listed :p)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, remowilliams said:

I had Best Buy price match it, was easy and took about five minutes.

It's kind of worth it just for the $120 'worth' of controllers bundled, and I get a cheap soon to be abandoned linux box as a bonus :D

It will be abandoned after the Atari VCS 2 is released… ?

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, jandb said:

Micro center probably try to have empty storage.

It seems they won't sell VCS anymore. (I said that because Micro Center's not listed like retailer in AtariVCS website *but* now amazon is listed :p)

Correct, Micro Center is no longer an Atari retail partner. Hasn't been since the calendar flipped to 2022, I believe. Amazon being listed as a retailer is a *bit* disingenuous on Atari's part, as Atari is simply a third-party seller on Amazon's Marketplace (click "Compare New & Used" and you will see Atari Inc. as one of the sellers there). I supposed it's a good step, but getting Amazon to actually sell the VCS from its own stock that it purchased would be more impressive.

• Like 1

I mean you can argue whether joysticks should cost $60 but that's a pretty standard price point for video games, so you can pretty easily think of it as $120 for two joysticks and $130 for the mini-PC. Try beating that price for a decent mini-pc that you don't have to do much to create like you would with a Pi or whatever. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, T.A.P. said:

Looks like they are sold out.

If only checking your local store then they might be sold out there.  I am seeing 4 at my local store still.  There are still a couple of stores with 6 or 8 in stock and numerous others with only 1 or 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Micro Center? Nah. Perhaps your local store is sold out? They still have 39 left nationwide by my count. That's down from 68 on Wednesday.

It may only be 38 tomorrow if I can talk my wife into a third one!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1