IGNORED

Atari VCS (retail deals/discount thread)

Mockduck

11 minutes ago, zzip said:

Why does the Speaker hat bundle cost twice as much ( $240 more! )than the bundle without the Speaker hat?

I know, right? That bundle has rarely been a good deal. I remember back during their last big sale it cost $20 more to buy the bundle than each of the items separately...

13 minutes ago, zzip said:

A lot more than you'd think.   Steam + GoG sell Linux-native games,  and Steam has proton built in that allows many Windows games to be played

Plus there's support for many emulators.

How can you tell? When I go into my Steam library and navigate to their Store pages, I don't see a breakdown of OS support. I have like 300+ games on Steam, but can't tell what if any work in Linux.

53 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

How can you tell? When I go into my Steam library and navigate to their Store pages, I don't see a breakdown of OS support. I have like 300+ games on Steam, but can't tell what if any work in Linux.

On the store page,  look for the SteamOS icon which looks like a little Steam Logo.   It's not the most obvious thing:

image.thumb.png.d535add92d5df585d63055074b22ce56.png

If you have the Linux client running,  then on your library screen, only the Linux-compatible games will allow you to download them

You can also enable Proton/Steam Play under View->Settings->Steam Play,  which will allow you to install and run many Windows titles:

image.thumb.png.e211ed82b7c09e377db7fe3c3639683c.png

Sir Lovelot on sale for $4.99 on the Atari VCS store.

Other sales posted yesterday on the Official Atari VCS Discord below:

Black Friday is here on the Atari VCS store:

- Atari Mania: $18.75
- BPM Boy: $14.99
- Guntech 2: $9.99
- Space Grunts: $7.99
- Meganoid: $4.99
- Pedra!: $2.40
- Donut Dodo: $3.99
- Sigi - A Fart for Melusina: $2.49 [was unavailable most of Friday morning but back again]
- Tempest 4000: $14.99
- Kombinera: $11.25
- Asteroids: Recharged: $7.50
- Centipede: Recharged: $7.50
- Black Widow: Recharged: $7.50
- Breakout: Recharged: $7.50
- Gravitar: Recharged: $7.50
- Yars: Recharged: $7.50
- Missile Command: Recharged: $7.50
Black Friday sale lasts a week

On 11/24/2022 at 12:21 PM, zzip said:

On the store page,  look for the SteamOS icon which looks like a little Steam Logo.   It's not the most obvious thing:

image.thumb.png.d535add92d5df585d63055074b22ce56.png

If you have the Linux client running,  then on your library screen, only the Linux-compatible games will allow you to download them

You can also enable Proton/Steam Play under View->Settings->Steam Play,  which will allow you to install and run many Windows titles:

image.thumb.png.e211ed82b7c09e377db7fe3c3639683c.png

Great info, thanks! Guess we'll see how things go!

As quoted above, here's the VCS games sale list. Sigi for $2.50 is a no-brainer, just buy that one for sure. BPM Boy is a good sale price as is Mania if you don't have them. The rest of the sales are all pretty decent, just not overwhelming, but if you don't have them buy them now! Only issue with the YouTube thing I'm doing is I buy all the games when they launch, so I don't get to take advantage of these sales:

Black Friday is here on the Atari VCS store:

- Atari Mania: $18.75
- BPM Boy: $14.99
- Guntech 2: $9.99
- Space Grunts: $7.99
- Meganoid: $4.99
- Pedra!: $2.40
- Donut Dodo: $3.99
- Sigi - A Fart for Melusina: $2.49 
- Tempest 4000: $14.99
- Kombinera: $11.25
- Asteroids: Recharged: $7.50
- Centipede: Recharged: $7.50
- Black Widow: Recharged: $7.50
- Breakout: Recharged: $7.50
- Gravitar: Recharged: $7.50
- Yars: Recharged: $7.50
- Missile Command: Recharged: $7.50
Black Friday sale lasts a week

It’s great to see more people getting on board with the VCS! It’s a shame it’s not available outside the US as it could definitely gain a sizeable user base here in the UK and Europe, it seems to be gaining some popularity finally. it’s a great system with a decent game library now and more games on the way. I personally love the VCS. I have 3 of them in my collection and if another appeared locally I’d have that to lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

It’s great to see more people getting on board with the VCS! It’s a shame it’s not available outside the US as it could definitely gain a sizeable user base here in the UK and Europe, it seems to be gaining some popularity finally. it’s a great system with a decent game library now and more games on the way. I personally love the VCS. I have 3 of them in my collection and if another appeared locally I’d have that to lol. 

How did you get THREE of them!  I'd love to get another one but I just can't see any way to get one at a reasonable price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

How did you get THREE of them!  I'd love to get another one but I just can't see any way to get one at a reasonable price.

I found the other on eBay, it’s a collectors/backers edition came with x2 classic controllers and x1 modern everything boxed up like new so had to snap it up! These normally go for crazy money but I got it for less than £300 so was pleased with it. Keep an eye on EBay that’s the best way for now.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I found the other on eBay, it’s a collectors/backers edition came with x2 classic controllers and x1 modern everything boxed up like new so had to snap it up! These normally go for crazy money but I got it for less than £300 so was pleased with it. Keep an eye on EBay that’s the best way for now.  

Just picked one up off there today.  They don't appear very often, not from a UK supplier so I went for it.  Cost WAY over the top but...   at least I will have one for the lounge and one for day-to-day use.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I'm surprised Atari doesn't just sell them through eBay. At least they could ship worldwide and put a dent in scalper type of sales...

Right, or form a deal with some major Euro electronics distributor, like MediaMarkt, Saturn, Argos, etc just to sell a fixed number. I can't imagine that would put the company out much, front money-wise.

50 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I'm surprised Atari doesn't just sell them through eBay. At least they could ship worldwide and put a dent in scalper type of sales...

Companies don't really care about scalpers getting everything. A sale is a sale, doesn't matter to whom.

Anyways, all it takes to get something that has been scalped is to scalp it yourself too.

Edited by Keatah

Wish they could go a little bit lower on the Centipede limited edition. If they reduced the price a tad more I may bite. Besides, after the fiasco that happened with the last round of cartridges, I think it would be a nice thing to do for them to offer these limited editions at a lower price for a set time.

On 11/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, Keatah said:

Companies don't really care about scalpers getting everything. A sale is a sale, doesn't matter to whom.

Anyways, all it takes to get something that has been scalped is to scalp it yourself too.

Uh, what? The rest of the world can't get these items. That's the issue here. How could I scalp something when I can't buy it from the seller in the first place???

Looking at the cyber week sale on atari.com, the product photo for the Speaker Hat bundle has the lighter colored wood grain version of the VCS in the photo, and not the black walnut variety. I'm wondering if that was just a mistake and it really comes with the black walnut, since I thought only the collector's edition came with the lighter wood grain. Personally I've always thought this was the best looking version. Has anyone gotten this bundle who can confirm?

https://atari.com/products/atari-vcs-speakerhat-bundle