IGNORED

How would you improve the AtariOS interface?

stirrell

On 7/15/2022 at 4:48 PM, MScottson said:

I would also like there to be an option to install a premade Linux distro directly from PC mode on top of the bring your own OS approach they have currently.

I would like selecting PC mode to update UEFI so that it will actually reboot into whatever OS you have installed, then they could provide a script that does the same you can launch from the OtherOS side so that next time you power on ht system, it would use whatever you were using last.

Digging through and trying to mess around with boot orders on our own is rather annoying.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

So today I decided to create a mockup of a new Atari VCS store. I feel the store could use an overhaul as it looks kinda bland to me. My overall design was inspired by my Vizio SmartCast menu, with a banner at the top (that cycles) and various selections below. This can be the main menu when users first enter the store from the top navigation. The main banner features Atari Mania which is coming sometime this Summer (supposedly), but the banner can also feature a high-profile new release or games that have been out for a while. The three icons directly below the banner tells the user which one is being displayed currently. I put a search bar above the main banner, and I feel it fits well there. Below are the genre selections. I tried to squeeze in as many as I can. The rest can be located in the "More" button. Below that are several tabs with the "All Games" tab selected (you can tell it's selected because it's underlined), showing all games in the store. Note: I tried to put the games in alphabetical order, but I missed a lot of them lol. Each game is appropriately priced below their respective box arts. The main reason for the different genre buttons and tabs below is so users can better filter for the content they wish to see. I put it all on the main page for quicker access and not having to deal with any drop-down menus.

I used this grid background image because it has a retro 80s look to it. I feel it fits well with the Atari VCS being a retro-inspired product.

Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is appreciated. I hope Atari reps see this so they can get ideas to better enhance the real VCS store.

VCS_Store_mockup_by_Bugcatcher88.thumb.jpg.99e5fd1bcf0ce99c4d9807b8bac7ef97.jpg

Edited by bugcatcher88
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it be better, having xe, 7800, lynx, 2600, jaguar banners and getting rid of load more, they got like less than 100 games, I shouldn't need to load more 8 times to find a game I'm their weirdly organized store.

Myself 3 bucks for Atari 7800 games works for me, so I just want to get all those, I believe I got them so far.  Who nose as Atari weirdly has them organized or just do a vault 3 and put all the ones they own.

Same thing if they want to vault lynx or Jah games, unless overpriced I'd buy most of those as well.

• Like 1